ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Karcher for car cleaning?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Just had a look on the Karcher outlet site and they have a some cheap Karchers on there.

What would you recommend for purely car cleaning. I would also like the snow foam lance etc.

Cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What's your budget, as if it's a the lower end of the scale a Nilfisk pressure washer may be better as they have a metal impeller.

FF 182
I got a Karcher K2 for Christmas. Took it back and got a Nilfisk Centennial from Argos :)

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I wouldn't touch another karcher, have you ever tried getting one fixed? Even karcher consider them to be disposable. Kranzle FTW

FF 182
Are they really that much better then a Karcher?

Haven't used it yet lol and been a while since my previous Karcher. I just read up a bit about the Karchers and Nilfisk, seems the majority have nothing bad to say about Nilfisk, while the cheaper Karchers atleast, do get some bad reviews.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
ju7u6e3u.jpg

This a good one to get? Budget of £100 really

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
The nilfisk centinnal is a pretty good unit and I've been using one for ages.

Keep an eye on Argos and homebase discount weekends as they often go for sub £100

Me too ! way better and more reliable than karcher

Golf GT & A4 Avant
ju7u6e3u.jpg

This a good one to get? Budget of £100 really

The C110 can be had cheaper but is a decent budget washer. If your budget is Su. £100 then the C120 / centinnal is the one to get. As said earlier look for it at Argos or homebase

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
The C110 can be had cheaper but is a decent budget washer. If your budget is Su. £100 then the C120 / centinnal is the one to get. As said earlier look for it at Argos or homebase

Yeh think I'll go for the centinnal I posted above. £89.95 in Argos right now. Seems a good price.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Check homebase also, same group I beleive but often having a 15/20% off weekend, plus you can use nectar card points so think I got mine for about £50

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Try homebase same mine was 89 and nectar points to if you collect em ;)

Cheers buddy.

£85 in Homebase. Ordering now haha

Next question, what snow foam adapter works best with this

FF 182
Doesn't a higher flow rate help with snow foam also? Sure i read that somewhere and thats one reason why i got the Centennial over the C110.

I got the CYC (Cleanyourcar) Lance, with the Nilfisk/Alto connection.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Cheers for all your help chaps.

Next question.....

Which snow foam liquid to get haha

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My personal favourites, Autobrite Magifoam, autofinesse avalanche, valet pro advanced neutral snow foam. All can be bought from 500ml, 1l or 5l

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I purchased the snow foam lance as mentioned in the eBay link above.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The bottle attachment hat comes as standard with karcher and nilfisk is not a snow foam lance. All it does is give a soapy solution. For proper foam you need a proper snow foam lance on a pressure washer

Arctic 182
The bottle attachment hat comes as standard with karcher and nilfisk is not a snow foam lance. All it does is give a soapy solution. For proper foam you need a proper snow foam lance on a pressure washer

Nice one cheers Dave, looks like I'll be ordering that one in the link & some decent foam. Gonna try the Autofinesse you mentioned.