ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Place for a Remap?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hello,

I am currently looking into getting the 182 remapped, not for massive gains, I'm not stupid, but mainly to improve how the car runs, cold start etc etc. Ive currently got a ph1 airbox and ITG filter with a Janspeed Ultra supersport & decat.
I wanted to know who the best people would be to get it mapped?? I've already spoken to James Stone about it and that has been my main choice currently, however I wanted to know of any other decent places? I'm based in Hampshire so I'm not looking at travelling HUGE distances.

Mark

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
James is a good bet if you just want a generic remap.

If you want something a little more tailored to your exact requirements then Michael Woodford is only over in staines and can custom tailor a map to exactly match your engine, he'll start by uploading a generic map (much like the James would or anyone with an RS Tuner) but will then be able to fine tune the AFR's by altering the map if its not quite right anywhere.

Sport 182
I went to KTec...bout 1 hour 30 mins from you. Good service and happy with the out come..car runs really well.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
James is a good bet if you just want a generic remap.

If you want something a little more tailored to your exact requirements then Michael Woodford is only over in staines and can custom tailor a map to exactly match your engine, he'll start by uploading a generic map (much like the James would or anyone with an RS Tuner) but will then be able to fine tune the AFR's by altering the map if its not quite right anywhere.

Well I was happy with a generic map but dependent on price a custom map I feel would be better. I noticed Michael is on the 'approved' section of Jame's site, may pop him an email.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well I was happy with a generic map but dependent on price a custom map I feel would be better. I noticed Michael is on the 'approved' section of Jame's site, may pop him an email.

They work pretty closely together as its Mike that does all the remaps for the RS2 manifold that James sells, well he isnt the only person to have done them but he is the only one James now recomends as his results are so much better than any of the previous ones I believe.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
They work pretty closely together as its Mike that does all the remaps for the RS2 manifold that James sells, well he isnt the only person to have done them but he is the only one James now recomends as his results are so much better than any of the previous ones I believe.

Does he rolling road? I'd really like to see like a before and after type thing?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Does he rolling road? I'd really like to see like a before and after type thing?

Both James and Mike will happily take the car to Surrey rolling road for an independant printout before and after, but obviously if doing that then you have to pay Surrey rolling road for the runs (think its about 50 quid a run or something so would add 100 to your bill I guess, but you'll need to check that with Mike)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If I were to buy a new/second hand RS tuner do I have to purchase maps or do they come with maps already loaded onto them? Which version would be best for a 182? :eek:

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Both James and Mike will happily take the car to Surrey rolling road for an independant printout before and after, but obviously if doing that then you have to pay Surrey rolling road for the runs (think its about 50 quid a run or something so would add 100 to your bill I guess, but you'll need to check that with Mike)

Okay, that's for the info, I think I'll pop Mike an email. With regards to a RR run I think id just get an after run :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I were to buy a new/second hand RS tuner do I have to purchase maps or do they come with maps already loaded onto them? Which version would be best for a 182? :eek:

You have to purchase a license to allow you to put the maps onto your car once you have the RS Tuner in your hands.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Okay, that's for the info, I think I'll pop Mike an email. With regards to a RR run I think id just get an after run :)

Before and after is a nice way to see the effects of the changes, but on the other hand I know that Mike offers people their money and their old map back if they arent happy with his work, so you cant really go wrong.