ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Place For Some Detailing Goodies?

So I'd like to start getting a few bits together for my car.

I'm going to order another 4L bottle of Iron X because I love the stuff.

But whilst I'm at it I'd like to order something for the trim and rubber too, as mine is looking a bit tired (dry polish marks). I've heard Gtechniq C4 is the one to go for? Or is there something good from AF?

I don't want to spend a fortune though.

Also I need something for the glass, non stop smears on my windscreen and it's actually quite dangerous when it rains because I can't see. I've tried generally cleaning and polishing the glass but whenever it rains, some how these greasy smears just come back and block my vision. What's best for this? Rain-X rings bells?

A good polish from the same place would also be handy.

Cheers

Auto finesse has just what you need.

Iron out.....( better than iron x imo)

Revive.... For the trims etc

Tripple .....as a polish its great stuff.

They also do one for glass but can't rember the name. Wipe the rubber on the wipers over with a cloth with neat vinegar on it.

Auto finesse has just what you need.

Iron out.....( better than iron x imo)

Revive.... For the trims etc

Tripple .....as a polish its great stuff.

They also do one for glass but can't rember the name. Wipe the rubber on the wipers over with a cloth with neat vinegar on it.

Better than Iron-X? Seriously? Believe it when I see it lol.

IronX works faster than Iron Out by most DW tests. IronX also picks out more contaminant after a hit of Iron Out, so suggest sticking with the number 1.

C4 needs a very clean base and is "expensive". I'd suggest you give the trim a decent clean and then use AF Revive.

Glass you need to clean, clay and polish. So wash as usual, clay and polish with G4 from Gtechniq. Then seal with either G5 (beads from 30 but lasts for 6 months) or G1 (beads from 50+ but lasts for 2 years).

Tripple is a filler polish that will make the paint work look like new, by nipping out small marks and filler others.

G1 + G2 is £10.95 http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engin...hniq-g1-clearvision-smart-glass/prod_881.html I would go for this, I didn't think much to G4 tbh. Plus there is a discount code for CYC as well

Just checked it out and watched the video. Does that G2 bottle come with the kit? Because it doesn't mention G2 anywhere in the description or title but shows it in the video?

Cliosport have a discount code mate, 5%

Where do I get this?

Just doesn't seem to clean very well, and a bit of a pain to remove. I may have been using it wrong though!

Cliosport have a discount code mate, 5%

Reading fail, I read G5, sorry!

Ah, good to know that's back. Was annoying when Tim switched to just loyalty points.

Just checked it out and watched the video. Does that G2 bottle come with the kit? Because it doesn't mention G2 anywhere in the description or title but shows it in the video?
Yeah it mentions it at the bottom of the page :)

Clean Your Car said:
Kit Includes:
  • 1 x G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass - 15ml
  • 1 x FREE G2 Residue Remover
  • 1 x G4 Nano Glass Polish
Where do I get this?

Click the discounts tab at the top of the forum! If you're using tapatalk and can't see it I'll pm it you.

Reading fail, I read G5, sorry!

Ah, good to know that's back. Was annoying when Tim switched to just loyalty points.

Yeah I couldn't remember if it was 5 or 4! So I put both in my earlier posts!

Yeah it's a good discount tbh! However there is an issue with it. If you enter the code before signing up/logging it it will throw a paypal error when you go to the checkout. I've emailed them about it and they are working on it!

Thanks, I'll try the AF Tripple out too.

Dumb noob question here. That Hydro2 is a sealant right? Is that the same as the G1 or would this be used after that?

Going a bit out of my depth here!

IronX works faster than Iron Out by most DW tests. IronX also picks out more contaminant after a hit of Iron Out, so suggest sticking with the number 1.

C4 needs a very clean base and is "expensive". I'd suggest you give the trim a decent clean and then use AF Revive.

Glass you need to clean, clay and polish. So wash as usual, clay and polish with G4 from Gtechniq. Then seal with either G5 (beads from 30 but lasts for 6 months) or G1 (beads from 50+ but lasts for 2 years).

Tripple is a filler polish that will make the paint work look like new, by nipping out small marks and filler others.

Just seen this,

Iron X and Tripple are both waiting in the basket now.

The stuff about the G products sounds so confusing LOL. I've never used a clay bar in my life :s

I was hoping to just wash and polish the windscreen then apply the G1 and then G2. Would that not work?

Don't use Tripple on the windscreen. You want a polish that doesn't leave anything behind, if you're going to seal it with G1/G5. The G4 will do this, or go to Halfrauds and buy AutoGlym glass polish as it's just fine.

I used G4 to polish mine, not a fan though! Not sure I've never used Tripple!

Don't use Tripple on the windscreen. You want a polish that doesn't leave anything behind, if you're going to seal it with G1/G5. The G4 will do this, or go to Halfrauds and buy AutoGlym glass polish as it's just fine.

Got ya.

The G4 bottle seems quite large though for something that'll not be used very often. Compared to the G1 and G2 bottles.

I wont be using Tripple on the windows then, i'll hunt for some glass polish. Do Auto Finesse not do one?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I've no idea on the G1 front as I've not tried Gtech stuff. Hydro is a spray sealant, dilute 30ml to 90ml water in a spray bottle. Wash the car as norm, when it's fully rinsed spray this onto the car, I do a few panels at a time then rinse. It's epic

I've no idea on the G1 front as I've not tried Gtech stuff. Hydro is a spray sealant, dilute 30ml to 90ml water in a spray bottle. Wash the car as norm, when it's fully rinsed spray this onto the car, I do a few panels at a time then rinse. It's epic

Might give this a go to then :)

So would you use it after AF Triple? Confused me a little as you say to spray on as soon as you've rinsed the car.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
used g4 to clean g1 g2 on my windscreen. g4 is good if you use to much or leave it to long use a damp cloth to help remove it prefer autoglym glass polish the new formula about £6 for 375ml from ebay g4 is about £10 for 100ml.
g1 is quite tricky to apply right g5 is a lot easier and harder to get wrong worth watching the demo's on gtechniq sit/youtube if most of your driving is under 40mph g5 would be better to use if you dont mind re-applying if most of your driving is 40mph+ or you want to apply then forget g1 would be better .
recommend replacing your wiper blades at the same time g1 is far better than rain x.

can get the products direct from http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/g1-clearvision-smart-glass/

gtechniq c2v3 is also worth a look

used g4 to clean g1 g2 on my windscreen. g4 is good if you use to much or leave it to long use a damp cloth to help remove it prefer autoglym glass polish the new formula about £6 for 375ml from ebay g4 is about £10 for 100ml.
g1 is quite tricky to apply right g5 is a lot easier and harder to get wrong worth watching the demo's on gtechniq sit/youtube if most of your driving is under 40mph g5 would be better to use if you dont mind re-applying if most of your driving is 40mph+ or you want to apply then forget g1 would be better .
recommend replacing your wiper blades at the same time g1 is far better than rain x.

can get the products direct from http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/g1-clearvision-smart-glass/

gtechniq c2v3 is also worth a look

Looks amazing in those videos.

Would rather apply and forget as much as possible.

Car never stays below 40mph unless it's warming up or cooling down.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
would go with G1,g2. 15ml will do 3 coats on the windscreen and 1 coat on the side windows and rear window with some left over.