ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best polish/wax to use

1.2 clio/clio sport
Hi all i polished my clio the other day and tbh i was disappointed it looked clean but it didn't shine what do you guys use any good suggestions.

cheers josh

Clio 182
Depends how much you are willing to spend and how much time your willing to give really.

In terms of easy to use, reasonably priced products you cant go wrong with autoglym super resin polish and then some r222 carnuba wax.

But you have asked a very open question and theres so many routes you could go down!

1.2 clio/clio sport
Nice one, i know its an open question and i know every one has there own personal choice but just thought i would see what you guys are using and give it a go.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If your not into detailing I would say some autoglym which wont break the bank-

I would budget the following

Lambs wool mit £7
Autoglym Shampoo £7
Spray Detailer & drying towels £15
Autoglym EGP & polishing towels + applicator- £15

that will get you through

S

1.2 clio/clio sport
I have tried autoglym and one of the internet but both were rubbish and hand a machine polish, dont really know much about it all tbh so any suggestions would help and dont really know my budget.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What do you use at the moment mate? By hand?

Maybe have a look at Auto Finesse Tripple, I think it would it might improve your finish then wax or seal it mate.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Shopping in halfords, high street stores etc stick with autoglym SRP with HD wax. ordering online, autofinesse tripple topped with any wax or sealant, have a look at AF tough coat or werstatt jett kit for pure simple application and good durability.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'll say;
Werkstatt Prime strong
Blackhole / Amigo
Werkstatt Jett

as an alternative to the classic Autogylm introduction.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If you cant get at least a half decent shine with EGP then you havent cleaned it well or the paints swirled to bits

s

clio 1.2 2005
has any one used autoglym HD wax i got bought some but yet to use it
i have used the autoglym aqua which was good if your in a hurry

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
has any one used autoglym HD wax i got bought some but yet to use it
i have used the autoglym aqua which was good if your in a hurry
Its decent enough for the price. good durability and applicators and cloth are included.
A bit tough to buff off though.

clio 1.2 2005
Its decent enough for the price. good durability and applicators and cloth are included.
A bit tough to buff off though.

looks like a long process to put it on, just dont want to do it then it rain next day, would like a few days at least

Golf GT & A4 Avant
HD is a very good bargain wax IMO. apply it 1 panel at a time, and buff off almost immediately. The thinner the better, it''ll take half an hour - hour to apply and remove but is very durable and beads well. I just almost managed 6 months with 2 layers. seems to work over most things as well

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Dont waste your money on wax if the polishing is pants!

Autoglym Super Resin Polish is fine to work by hand, unless your paintwork is terrible. USe a good applicator pad too that will help.