ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best site/s for SLR accessories?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Can anyone recommend any sites for DSLR bit 'n' bobs?

Reviews etc would be helpful too.

I'm looking at a new tripod and a Fisheye for my D40x.

Any help appreciated!

Chris

1.8 Civic EX
Cameraworld.com
warehouseexpress.com
parkcameras.com
ABCcameras.com
Jessops.com
dpreview.com

I'm not 100% on the .com's some may be .co.uk...

Last edited:
  Rally bus
www.7dayshop.comp cheap prices, delivery usually takes a week though

Warehouse Express if you want stuff quickly or need a wider product range.

Get a Sigma 10-20 lens, you know it makes sense.

Fisheye for my D40x.

Nikon 10.5mm is one option, no auto-focus (almost irrelevant with fisheye anyway) but metering and exposure all work fine. £399.99 Some samples, I think this is still the only fully DSLR compatible fisheye available on any system

Sigma 10-20 (about £300) is the other option, not fisheye but as close as it's possible to get, HSM as well so works 100% perfectly on the D40. I had the camera about 6 inches from the Renault badge of MarkCup's car here (and it's been cropped)

132008284-L.jpg

I assumed you wanted Diagonal fish-eye (i.e. image fills the whole, er, image), and not circular (where you literally have a circle with a black background and the image inside it)...?

I just got the sigma 10-20mm the other day for my d80. From what I have seen it looks great and its had very good reviews. Not had chance to play
with it yet.£270 I paid.

I was going to get the fisheye, nikon 10.5mm. I tried a friends out .Its a fun lens but
thought I would get better use from the sigma as you can use it much more.

Heres a picture using the fisheye I took. Cool effect but how often would you use it. I found myself only wanting to use it a few times.

fisheyehvar.jpg