ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best small car!? - for grandparents?

FN2 Type R GT
Ok so basically my grandparents wrote off their Clio (privilege 54 plate) and are now looking for a new car, looking to spend no more than 10k ish.

Now ive been through all the normal options...

New Clio/Twingo as he seems to like Renaults
VW polo
Corsa
Fiesta
fiat 500

I'm trying to think if there's anything ive missed, wont be recommending micras/kias as im not a fan....

Anyone had any experience in both the clios and vw's? these seem to be the most likely, personally i think a polo is the better option but i'm not too sure..

Recommendations?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Honda Jazz. Old people seem to like them.

Yeah, the auto ones are decent if all you care about is A-B. Won't go wrong either.

I agree! My ex has a Honda Jazz auto, and is such a joy to drive, obviously after extensive drives in a manual, driving an auto is relaxing and easy.

And if ur grandparents are lairy they can opt for one that has a sports kit on it! :cool:

Can fit so much in the car too, esp when folding the rear seats fully down.

MK2PH2
The VW Polo is a great hatchback, know a few people with one never had any problems.

Reliable, easy to drive, nice looking. winner :)

It's A Reno
Toyota Yaris.
Uber reliable, seriously easy to drive and a great seat position for elderly drivers.
Tardis like too.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
I work for vauxhall and we run Agila's as courtesy cars (the new ones) which are actually a really good little car. also from an oldies point of veiw they're easy to get in and out of with good visability.

I'd actually say they were a better car for the job than the Corsa

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Fiat 500. Build quality is much, much better than you'd imagine, and reliability is as good as any other manufacturer. Speak to most technicians for most makes now, and they will all have horror stories. Plus 500's hold value really well and are easy peasy to sell on.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Glad someone else knows these little things are quality.

Agreed, they are brilliant little motor, awesomely design and awesomely built, dont know why so many people overlook them. and the Aston martin Cynget is based on it.

M2 Competition
Have used a few of them on a number of occasions. Fiesta is far nicer than the clio or polo (shockingly). Corsa isnt bad, but not in same league as fiesta.

Fiesta would be my choice, although ive not driven a Jazz or iq.

A with all things, test drive them all and see what they like.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Hyundai i10, the gear stick is in the same place as a civic type r, just makes it easier too reach. Also it has nice light steering.