ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bi Xenon projector conversion?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Anyone done this on a clio? Especially a 197 or 200 fitted with projectors already.

Would be great if anyone can give some pointers before I take my headlight apart.

Iceberg 172
Bi xenon as in dipped beam and full beam??

Do you mean just adding HIDs to the full beam?

It'd be easy enough, I knew a lad who had 8000k HIDs for his dipped, full beam and fog lights!! OTT but still.

Unless youre meaning something else???

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Bi xenon as in dipped beam and full beam??

Do you mean just adding HIDs to the full beam?

This. Single projector for dipped and main beam.

Does anyone know if the 197/200 uses the valeo H7 projector?

Iceberg 172
Oh I see what you mean now! So you do away with the full beam bulb and have 1 bulb which does dipped and full beam!

I'm not sure how that would work, possibly need the fitment from a car with this setup, match up the wires, modify to fit. Sounds like a lot of hard work considering how little use from it you'll get!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why not just whack an HID kid into the full beam as it is? You won't have them on when driving towards folk so won't really matter as much regarding scatter.

Iceberg 172
Why not just whack an HID kid into the full beam as it is? You won't have them on when driving towards folk so won't really matter as much regarding scatter.

That's what I'd do and what I've seen before... but for the effort it really can't be worth it! My full beams hardly get used and when they're needed they light up the whole road anyways.

260% JCW
Cars with Bi xenon lights us a single xenon bulb and then have a lense or mirrors which motor to change the beam angle.

As stated you could just replace the full beam bulb with a xenon converison kit.

Never knew it was called bi xenon, ive had a few cars let me go with with xenon projector high beam flash and i must say it looks fecking cool for some reason :eek:

Focus RS + S3

im wanting to do this, but the hi/lo kits ive seen have a battery feed for the Hi beam so they dont have to 'warm up' as such

any details on wiring etc ?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Oh I see what you mean now! So you do away with the full beam bulb and have 1 bulb which does dipped and full beam!

I'm not sure how that would work, possibly need the fitment from a car with this setup, match up the wires, modify to fit. Sounds like a lot of hard work considering how little use from it you'll get!

I need to take the headlight apart to see what projector I can mount in there. The shutter solenoid will be activated by the current main beam wiring. The halogen main beam will still be there for flashing when dipped beam isn't on. This also overcomes the warm up period needed by the xenon.

Projector wise I'm looking at the Acura TL or FXR depeding on the size of the current projector.

I live in the forest and bi xenon is reaslly useful. The MINI has bi xenon and when I switch to my other car with halogen main beam you really notice the lack of light.