ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bi Xenon retro 50% finished

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Only done one side but the other will follow next week. The settings on the camera are wrong but you get the general idea with the light spread etc.

P1050412.jpg

Factory halogen projector
Dipped beam
P1050413.jpg

Main beam
P1050414.jpg

Bi-Xenon
Dipped
P1050416.jpg

Main
P1050415.jpg

Using Morimoto Mini DS2 projector with Osram CBI bulbs.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
On the test run it was proving much better. Can't wait to have both in.

It looks the same as the normal 200 projector headlight. Is that what you were asking?

Projector in question.
photo-9.jpg

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
5k but the pics makes them look really blue. They are slightly blue right now as they are new bulbs but should be white with a few hours.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Do they fire up quickly enough? I was under the impression that the reason hor usually using halogen was the warm up time with the xenon's?

Nissan 350z
Nice ado, i think id get 4300k the same as OEM if i did it.
How much did you manage to source the cornering headlights for in the end, £310 for the 200 seems to be the going rate :(

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Do you mean warm up time for the dipped beam or main beam? If you are on about main beam then the halogen main beam still remains.

The only difference now is the main beam is xenon aswell as halogen.

I got it from the link Brown Bear posted. £130 each was the best I found. 5k provides the most usesable light it seems.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Just remember there is a bumper support bracket (I think?) that's riveted onto the headlight itself. You need to drill it out and replace onto the new one.

RB 182
Have you replaced the headlights then with the cornering ones? Im not sure i follow whats happening lol

I really can't tell much difference, but I am very impressed with the "have a go myself" attitude, so kudos on that front buddy!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I really can't tell much difference, but I am very impressed with the "have a go myself" attitude, so kudos on that front buddy!

It's really quite hard to capture the difference in the pictures. The intensity is better on the dipped beam but main beam is so much better. You also have to bear in mind it is only fitted on the NS right now.

I have to have something to play with. lol

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Headlight pic.
photo-13.jpg

I'm fittng the other side today so should have some cut off pics by tonight. There is a slight colourband from when I fired it up in the living room.:)

Black Gold Trophy
That looks factory fit, hats off to you mate.

I really cant understand Renault, Xenons were factory fit on the 1*2s (providing you didnt buy a cup) then on the 197 they were an option (which apparently wasnt too popular) so why not just make it factory fit and put the price up? They still would have got the sales!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think i understand now..

The Main beam and dipped are both in that projector? but you also have the standard halogen one?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
That's correct.

I have put everything back together so will get some finshed pics tonight.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Now finished.

P1050429.jpg

P1050430.jpg

ISO 800, speed 1/4 and Aperture F8.0

I'm trying to see whether I have installed the height motors correctly as they seem to be pointing quite low.