ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIG PROBLEM, Super glue on Alcantara

fidlesticks
i have superglue on my drivers seat and its as hard as peter north's pecker.

any ideas how i can get it out witout wrecking the frabric??

A ANIMAL
Sorry dude - not much hope TBH. Anything strong enough to dissolve the glue will bleach the fibres. Anything else will require a good scrub - which will ruin the fibres.

nasty, my only suggestion (if it was on anything else) would be heating it but itll ruin the seat!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i was going to suggest getting a piece of bog roll or kitchen paper towel and placing it over the glue, then put the iron on top of the paper and it might melt the glue meaning the bog roll etc absorbs it up

however i'm not sure if super glue will melt enough for it to be absorbed? :S

BMW F21 125d
I got chewing gum on mine once, and i got it off with BABY WIPES!

My auntie told me they were good for cleaning suede, so i tried it and it worked!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
A dicking basically. I did the same a few years back couldnt get it off. i had to get the seat recovered better than buying a whole new seat soory dude>>>>

Ph1 172 + Combo van
id try putting ice cubes on it then picking it off maybe. or a razor if your feeling brave but other than that i have no idea.

clio 182 cup
i once got expanding foam on me and its a right t*at to get off my boss told me to use wd40 to get it off i thort he was winding me up but it got it off straight away.
if i was u id apply superglue somewhere ur not bothered about and try a few things on it

proton compact 1.3 GLi
get a brown bag put it over the glue and iron it ... the glue should then stick to the bad rather than the seat .... try it on something fist (seen it done with wax ... might be wortha try)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm pretty sure that any cleaning solvent type stuff will either bleach or damage the fabric.

Get a new seat off the bay of plenty if i were you.

www.renparts.co.uk
best bet is looking like a thin razor blade and cut the fibres off that are bonded to the glue, it will leave some damage though of course.

Clio 172
bet that looks like a suspicious substance on your seats . . . .

hope you can get it off without causing any damage

Clio 172
on a bottle of superglue i just found it says that if you get it on your fingers, you can wash it off with warm soapy water. dont know if that would work on your seats though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I reckon your fcuked mate . Alcantara isn't a natural material like suede , it's polyester so any solvent type product will most likely dissolve it . It'll be bonded well and good so even picking at it will probably leave a hole .

Monaco RS Clio 172
try a stanley blade..

gently slice the top of the glue stuck on (The lump) into tiny pieces. carefully tho to not go right thru to the seat.

then just flick at it with the blade end.

should be possible.

worst case scenario is new seat anyway or retrim to why not try something? can only damage it, which it already is right?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
mite sound a bit odd but depending on were and how big it is why dont u just colour it in ? if it works only you will know its there . or you can get smart repair interior stuff . like kits to mend fag burns etc look it up on ebay mite be somat on there .