ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B6/B8 rear dampers

These are available for the lesser clioII's - part number 24-065733 and 24-065740.

Why don't they list them for the 172/182's ???? Surely they will fit as its only the fronts that have specific fitments, right????

I know they don't make a front strut that will fit, I'm only after rears. If anyone has used either of these yellow bilsteins on the rear can you let me know what they are like please? i.e how stiff, whether the b6 or b8 is the best length for 182 cup springs etc. Specifically, I want to know if the compression damping is stiffer than genuine renault 182 cup shocks. Perhaps either the b6 or b8 is the same (or very similar) to the rears in the b14 kit?

I've read all the marketting stuff about Bilsteins and I've had B6 on a 205 GTi in the past, I loved the damping of them on that. For my 182 I want something at least as stiff as the genuine 182 cup one from renault, as I'm having a dilema trying to get a set-up thats more reliable but still as dynamically sharp as what renault created with the cup chassis. (I've just tried KYB gas-a-just but not liking them, nice quality but not as stiff as hoped)

Sorry to ramble...:boring: So, has anyone had any experience of these on a 1#2 clio?

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Venom Motorsport list them for 1*2's I think. Never had experience of them on a Clio, mate of mine runs them on his Corsa VXR and swears by them.