ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein Coilovers question

172 cup
I have recently bought Bilstien B14 coilovers for my 172 cup, and have noticed the height adjustable platforms for the rear springs only have one adjusting nut each. I would of thought there should be two on each, one to act as a locking nut.

Can anyone tell me if there should be 1 or 2 nuts on each platform?

Cheers,
Tim

Lionel Richie
they only need one nut, they lock differently to other coilovers

whats the best price you've had so far?

172 cup
yeah, got them a few weeks ago of ebay.

Maybe looking to bring the car to you in a few weeks when I eventually get round to fitting them for setup.

Roughly how much will it cost to have them set up for road use?

R27 - 77/500
lol i put a deposit down for those coilovers but the seller didnt end listing soon enough n u did a buy it now. ya bugger. wot do u think of them?

172 cup
Sorry Dan, I did buy them off ebay with 'buy it now' I wasn't aware any offers had been made.

I've been busy at work since I bought them, so havent got round to fitting them yet.

I'm a bit worried they are going to be too hard, as I only use my car on the road, and road surfaces are crap near me, but I'll put them on when I get chance and see how they feel.

Tim

R27 - 77/500
lol its ok mate, ive got some H & Rs on now n they are good, damping is very good and the roads are pretty crap here too, lake district area.