ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein coilovers - upgrade

SIP

Clio 172
Hi there

Just need some advice regarding some bilstiens I'm fitting at the moment. (clio 172 ).. I'm having trouble sourcing a set of top rear damper nylock nuts. The cars is having a full rebuild at the moment ..and is coming from a Koni / eibach set-up.. and the Koni dampers on the rear run a different thread size .. Bilstiens run the standard M9 x 1mm.. Any one know if you can buy them on their own ...?
Thanks for looking
Si

SIP

Clio 172
Come without as you say.. And the cars not been on standard shocks for about 5 years at least.. so I'm a bit stuck at the moment ... I have the puremotorsport top mounts to.. do you still run the washer between the damper and the top mount...?

Fronts I spoke to PMS and they said you use the spacer and sleeve nut as normal but also need to use two additional washers, drop him an email for the sizes as ive forgotten and fitted them already!

SIP

Clio 172
car suspension rebuild
f1bb7039-76b5-4da6-9093-497112eebf55.jpg

IMG_20160826_164219.jpg

a bit of dinitrol ..

SIP

Clio 172
Ok this what Ive done..

Used . Dintrol 2-part for the underbody.. Dinitrol 3125 brown cavity wax 1st coat .. Then over the top with 4941 the Black stuff .. also 3125 in all the sills and rear quaters and the like.. you can see the tide line where I stopped with the 4941 ... the black stuff forms a crust over the brown.. Treat any bad rust with FE-123 Rust Converter first.

A much better and advanced product then good old wax oil..

ACF-50 on all the expossed components.i.e nuts and bolts.. cailpers, struts, brake pipes, everything really . (not the exhaust or any braking surfaces).. gives them a gloss look but does not dry .. stops rust on contact to..

I've powder coated the rear beam and epoxy panted all other stuff.
Hopefully make it last a bit longer ..

cs_dave do you have a build thread..?

Si

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok this what Ive done..

Used . Dintrol 2-part for the underbody.. Dinitrol 3125 brown cavity wax 1st coat .. Then over the top with 4941 the Black stuff .. also 3125 in all the sills and rear quaters and the like.. you can see the tide line where I stopped with the 4941 ... the black stuff forms a crust over the brown.. Treat any bad rust with FE-123 Rust Converter first.

A much better and advanced product then good old wax oil..

ACF-50 on all the expossed components.i.e nuts and bolts.. cailpers, struts, brake pipes, everything really . (not the exhaust or any braking surfaces).. gives them a gloss look but does not dry .. stops rust on contact to..

I've powder coated the rear beam and epoxy panted all other stuff.
Hopefully make it last a bit longer ..

cs_dave do you have a build thread..?

Si
Thats spot on that i was putting it into the 172 20v thread as it will carry that engine at some point.