ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein questions

Jenko606

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
I have the Bilstein b14 coilovers fitted with the PMS top mounts and strut brace. I need to remove the front shocks so that I can send them off to be referbed, however I have never tried to remove any type of suspension before. I have found guides to remove standard shocks and replace which coilovers, but is there a guide or any difference in removing my coilovers? Also when I have looked at the top of the shock where you have to loosen the strut nut and it does not look like an Allen key and the torx bolts don't seam to fit either do I need any special tools? Cheers

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If PMS stands for Pure motorsport then it's easy. Really easy!!

Jack car up and place on axle stands, remove wheels.

Undo 3 equally spaced allen key bolts of the top mounts, think they are 8mm. Then undo the two bolts that hold the coilover to the hub and hit them out with a hammer. That is literally it.

To remove the top mounts from the coilovers you just need one big socket (think it's 24mm, don't count me on that) and that will remove the sleeve nut. Then they're all off!

Jenko606

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
Yes PMS stands for pure Motorsport.
Cheers thank you for your help.
Wasn't sure if I did it that way I'd be able to remove the sleeve nut with the shock of the car.