ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIOS Update Question !

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
In the process of finishing off a new build when I order the CPU...

The MB is 6 core enabled with a BIOS Update.. when the CPU comes, obviously the board will be stock, and I don't have an older AM3 CPU to install the OS with and download the Update to enable the new 6 core...

How the chuff will I get my 6 core working ... i'm hoping it will maybe run on 4 cores until the update is installed, but i'm betting it's not that simple ?!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
In the process of finishing off a new build when I order the CPU...

The MB is 6 core enabled with a BIOS Update.. when the CPU comes, obviously the board will be stock, and I don't have an older AM3 CPU to install the OS with and download the Update to enable the new 6 core...

How the chuff will I get my 6 core working ... i'm hoping it will maybe run on 4 cores until the update is installed, but i'm betting it's not that simple ?!

You've got one of two options. You put the CPU in and it bitches like a mofo. Or, like you say, it fires up not utilising all the cores and allows you to get to a stage where the BIOS can be flashed.

I would have thought the architecture on the CPU would have made it run on fewer cores rather than not work at all?

D.