ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit out of my depth here....

look guys me and my uncle are starting to argue now, im telling him everything u lot are coming up with, but hes saying he dusnt need anything bar a wiring diagram for the uch to the ignition, can any one get me a wiring diagram for a 182 or even a 172 cos he thinks they might be the same

Clio 182
Reading this thread is painful to say the least!!
When was the car registered? It does'nt matter if your the 1st owner or 10th. If its less then 3 years old take it to the dealer instead of tracing wires or whatever they will fix it. As said, your more likely to find out the problem by querying the ECU with a laptop then ripping the wiring loom out.

Take a photo of the dash and draw a little arrow to the light thats flashing so we all know what we're actually looking at instead of forcing us to make assumptions or guesses!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hey guys, anyone else think this doesn't sound right for a short circuit in the wiring?

I don't know exactly how that part of the dash is built, but, knowing how secretive Renault is about wiring diagrams, before I went chasing the wiring I'd make sure there wasn't a problem with the bulbs/leds back there. Maybe something has just come loose. The way its lighting up on corners it sure does sound just like what the STOP light does when the brake fluid level is down.

Reading this thread is painful to say the least!!
When was the car registered? It does'nt matter if your the 1st owner or 10th. If its less then 3 years old take it to the dealer instead of tracing wires or whatever they will fix it. As said, your more likely to find out the problem by querying the ECU with a laptop then ripping the wiring loom out.

Take a photo of the dash and draw a little arrow to the light thats flashing so we all know what we're actually looking at instead of forcing us to make assumptions or guesses!!

hi this is abigail's uncle michael, the car is not covered under renaults warranty as it has been modified. this is not the issue though, there is some form of break/water damage in the wire between the ecu and uch, i found this out from a lap top diagnosis, now what i need is a 172/182 wiring diagram in order for me to replace the wire at both ends, egnition/UCH, as i do not know what is what, if someone could get hold of a 172/182 diagram then it would be of great assistance, thanks for your time

Michael it doesnt matter if the car has been modifed as long as the modification cannot have caused the problem. example: an aftermarket exhaust wont cause the a problem with the dash. So basically aslong as the ECU, wiring loom and dials are standard it will be covered by the 3 year warranty therefore no need fo you to do the work!

If there was a wiring diagram easily availble it would have been posted by now as the people on here are exceptionally helpfull. Best bet for a wiring diagram would be a Haynes Manual for a non-renualtsport clio but it might be different!

Da

Less
I have never seen a wiring diagram posted on here, I believe Renault are very secretive about them.

As stated above though, so long as the 'modifications' aren't part of the issue then the fault will be covered under Renault warranty. If you start disassembling the loom to fix it yourself this will invalidate the warranty on that anyway.

You could try PM'ing edde if there's drawings available he'll have access to them.

VaVa
I've got some info of the pin outs on the ECU but that's about it..... I'll send them if you give me your email addy... every little helps.

engine immobiliser goes to pin 58 on the ECU connector.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
good luch abi.
dan what does that sensor on the rear axle do?
something to do with weight on the rear axle for breaking force?

Any news on this ??

(my god this thread is painfull)

I've just read through and was thinking the same...

That was the first thing I was thinking (I would have done), you beat me to it ;)

Any news yet? I get the fog-light light flicker and fade on my dash sometimes (when braking hard when headlights are on)... tbh never bothered me and just left it ;)

Hey my uncle is telling me to say thanks to u guys, he's going to have a go with the 172 wiring diagram but he said if any1 can get the 182 diagram it would be of even more help, thanks guys abi x

if you go to nearest renault dealer they should be able to print one off for you,if there any good!
Its private properly most dealers and most techies don't have access to it.
are the diagrams hard to get then?
Yes

Ive got all the ones from the uch, but none for the instrument panel. I WILL NOT POST any info publically, PM me and i can do my best,
Don't forget phase 1 and 2 wiring looms are complety different
Hey my uncle is telling me to say thanks to u guys, he's going to have a go with the 172 wiring diagram but he said if any1 can get the 182 diagram it would be of even more help, thanks guys abi x
Tell him just to follow the lines most likly the pickup rings broken they do fail a bit.

Lionel Richie
car has been modified how exactly???? modifications only affect the modified part

ie you change the suspension, all items relating to the suspension the warranty on those items becomes void

if you have changed the exhaust the entire car warranty (bar the exhaust) is still covered by warranty

if the car is under 3years old/60000miles it STILL HAS WARRANTY