ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit scitty at speed?

immaculate clio 172
Afternoon all
Just a quick one, very occasionally notice when pressing on abit in my full fat 182 and got to overtake etc if hit cats eyes or bump in the road etc seems to make the steering go a bit iffy and need correction
Does this sound like normal clio sport behaviour or would you advise I take a look at track rod ends or similar?

Recently passed Mot and all tyres new and at right pressures

No knocks or bangs and drives spot on otherwise!

Possibly just me and my O.C.D 😂

Thanks

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth starting with a proper alignment check, any car will wonder around the road if the wheels aren't pointing in the right direction.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
When you say "Scitty"???

skitty.jpg

immaculate clio 172
Hahaha
Just fitted a pair brand new genuine rear shocks!
As said it only noticed it when really pushing on
Tyres are 195-45-16 Good years

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
When you say 'pushing on' what speeds are we actually talking? (on your private track of course)

Mine was like this until i had the tracking done, put some PS3's on and changed a leaking front damper. A lot more planted now

immaculate clio 172
Thanks for replies chaps
Just had it tracked on hunter system and tracking was indeed out
All adjusted and after a quick blast seems much better
The guy checked bushes and track rods etc for play too and said all seems absolutely fine
As for pushing on speed id say it was little vague at 90+ on private road if hit large bump or cats eyes etc

Regards
Matt

immaculate clio 172
Revive a previous thread!

Still not 100% happy with the feel of steering on my 2005 clio 182

Thinking of replacing a few bits on front end -

Track rod ends and inner tie bars

Maybe the steering rack bushes

Anyone any advice on where to get these at best price and is it a difficult job to change rack bushes to powerflex or similar?

Thanks again :up: