ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Only just spotted this thread. Been fascinated by the whole thing.

I've invested just a small amount in some Peercoin (http://peercoin.net/). Mainly for a little bit of fun more than anything.

Reading up on it there seems to be opinion that it's coded in a more long-term, sustainable method than Bitcoin. That could of course be biased opinion. Cheap enough for me to have a pop and let it sit and see what happens.

Bitcoin is entirely sustainable, thats why its worth billions.

All the new coins coming along offer nothing of any real benefit IME, satoshi did a decent enough job in the first place.

Peercoin is an interesting one and I think it will still sit alongside in years to come, but don't see it overtaking personally.

Just another FYI for anyone who mines - https://www.united-miners.com - got some new coin pools up and now show hashrate on the homepage for anyone who's interested!

Were doing very well right now in terms of block finding and expanding out :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just google a price as anything written on here will go out of date. About 850 dollars currently though.

peercoin is interesting with it's destruction and recreation of coins and a fixed rate of inflation built in theoretically.

But I still think all any of these copycat coins do is dilute the chances of any crypto coin working.

its just people trying to cash in and make a quick buck. Totally the opposite of everything satoshi was originally trying to achieve.

Evo 5 RS
bitcoin is a mission these days. Unless you don't pay the leccy bill, then you're quids in. I use proper GPU's though (Nvidia) which are terrible at hashing...;)

Just went for 2 ANTMiner asics, should ROI in around 1.5Months!

180Gh/s each.

Should get them in 2-3 days, shipping is apparently super quick.

Where from bud?

Last edited:
I jumped on Kat and kitteh and crap.But looking to trade into proper coins now

Kitteh was worth a fair bit a few days ago, hope you cashed out/in on it!

I mined 675k on 29th december (24 hours) and got just over .7 BTC for it :)

bitcoin is a mission these days. Unless you don't pay the leccy bill, then you're quids in. I use proper GPU's though (Nvidia) which are terrible at hashing...;)

Where from bud?

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140107162747992Ce5uBuxW06D6

Official site, wouldn't bother now though, the big new ASICS from companies are starting to ship which will probably stop ROI for new purchases completely!

I also run 3 now, and all are overclocked so 200Gh/s each. 380-400W ATW each Antminer.

Making around .14 BTC per day atm, and the diff increases have been lower than I estimated, so should ROI a bit quicker than 60 days easily right now, assuming it continues this way.

No idea if anyone reads the Guardian or not, but this appeared on Friday so I had to pick one up lol.

1618582_10153794348385557_1119252199_n.jpg

Cryptic Doge advert, I presume for Dogecoin.

Last edited:
BTC taking a beating today due to what is basically lies written into MtGox's latest press release.

They use custom wallet software to ensure they can have enough throughput for the exchange, but didn't account for an exploit in 2011 (which was patched up ages ago in the proper bitcoind/bitcoin-qt source).

They've recently realized transactions were going missing (not missing, but cba to go into detail), and sub-sequentially its due to this exploit (which does not even come under the top 10 concerns of Bitcoin). So what do they say in their press release? Oh its an exploit in Bitcoin. lol.

The quicker the exchanges dies the better, it's done nothing but bad things for Litecoin so far, and with the latest spout of lies, where are we headed next?

Conspiracy: MtGox cause a panic sell (selling dropped BTC down to $102 on BTC-E for about 1second), so they can buy up cheaper bitcoins to reimburse the users who fell under their failed code.

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have a computer with an old i3 CPU and a small mobo with 2x PCE-E slots (one is 16x and one is 4x not sure if this one would make for slower mining performance?).

I want to get a new GPU for gaming anyway. But realistically, if I bought 2x R9 280X's, could mining pay for one of them before this mining with GPUs is put to bed?

Can't believe DogeCoin is doing as well as it has been doing. Now number 3 in crypto currencies. just bought 1,000 DOGEs for £1.50 - slim chance that in 5 years they might be worth something!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Well guys. I got my GPU mining underway - United Miners :approve: . Been with them for a while now, seem good ehh Addicted :p
Anyway so I have another XFX force im RMA'd so I could run both in Crosfire mode and get two GPUS. Still messing with the best settings for the card.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Can't believe DogeCoin is doing as well as it has been doing. Now number 3 in crypto currencies. just bought 1,000 DOGEs for £1.50 - slim chance that in 5 years they might be worth something!

It seems unlikely something that was so clearly a joke will ever really get taken seriously when it comes to retailers etc TBH.

Well guys. I got my GPU mining underway - United Miners :approve: . Been with them for a while now, seem good ehh @Addicted :p
Anyway so I have another XFX force im RMA'd so I could run both in Crosfire mode and get two GPUS. Still messing with the best settings for the card.

Ahh nice one :)

Worth a look to check out Pandacoin, it's been pegged as the Asian Dogecoin for a few reasons!

It does require using a different miner though, but if you do check the Getting Started page :)

We were the only pool of around 20-25 last night who "did it properly", did mean staying up until 5.30am though :'( 3 hours sleep is fun!

It seems unlikely something that was so clearly a joke will ever really get taken seriously when it comes to retailers etc TBH.

You'd be very very surprised how far it's gone so far, it's pretty mental!

Converted a good wedge of my BTC to doge, and am up around 33%, price expected to rise alot more as the block reward halving has just happened.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Well anyway im mining. Lower than DOGE but its more for a quick trial and see what happens. Mining at half what the DOGE coin was too.
Can you use cgminer as seen people are?

Last edited:
Well anyway im mining. Lower than DOGE but its more for a quick trial and see what happens. Mining at half what the DOGE coin was too.
Can you use cgminer as seen people are?

You can use a modded cgminer yeah, its still half hashrate though due to the changes in scrypt :)

The nice thing is everyone is mining at half of the normal scrypt coins, so its basically no different!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
So I had a play with this at the weekend. Pretty much a whole day mining world coin and have 14.something coins.

Which I see has a value of £1.40....

What's the big deal with this? If it's just speculation on coins becoming worth more, why not just buy them rather than tie your computer up at full load for hours/days/weeks?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So I had a play with this at the weekend. Pretty much a whole day mining world coin and have 14.something coins.

What's the big deal with this? If it's just speculation on coins becoming worth more, why not just buy them rather than tie your computer up at full load for hours/days/weeks?

Mining on a home computer only works as a total punt that you think some new coin will be worth loads, which TBH I dont think any of them actually will now, that happened with bitcoin (and LTC to a smaller extent) but all these new coins have no one serious backing them in any way at all.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think you're right mate. Cant imagine many companies would be wanting to support such a volatile currency anyway (unless again I'm missing something).

Bitcoin sounds risky enough without having Reddit coins or Doge coins lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think you're right mate. Cant imagine many companies would be wanting to support such a volatile currency anyway (unless again I'm missing something).

Bitcoin sounds risky enough without having Reddit coins or Doge coins lol.

All any of these new coins do is allow a few people to cash in on other people's naivety and every time it happens it makes BTC that little bit less viable as people just start remembering all the failed coins.

It would be FAR better for the future of crpyto currency if all the upstarts just f**ked off TBH, including LTC!

WorldCoin isn't that profitable at all, which will be why it's only £1.40.

Just some small updates in the world of altcoins.

Big issue with doge right now, blockchain forked yesterday as 99% of pools are on version 1.4, and people are on 1.5, happened due to a DB memory overflow error in 1.4 as someone sent a transaction bigger than it can handle!

Speaking with the devs and other pool owners now, we have no solution so far, so this could get very interesting. We've all updated the pools to mine on 1.5 wallets, so mining is ok, but nobody can withdraw as there are HUGE issues on 1.5 (hence why we downgraded).

Pandacoin is taking off pretty nicely, I have high hopes for it right now.

I was up until around 4 am last night for the Rubycoin launch last night, unfortunately the launch failed as Kimoto's Gravity Well didn't kick in as it should have, so relaunch in a few days time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Load of nonsense what you are doing IMHO addicted, just people trying to pretend every new coin is the next big thing and mugging naive people who believe them.

Am sure you are doing well from it though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Who gets mugged out of interest? I genuinely have no idea why these things have a value.
Anyone who chooses to get mugged by buying into a coin like dogecoin that so clearly isn't ever going to be accepted as payment.

even bitcoin is a huge gamble. But all these alternative coins are just guarenteed to never get anywhere IMHO.

Load of nonsense what you are doing IMHO addicted, just people trying to pretend every new coin is the next big thing and mugging naive people who believe them.

Am sure you are doing well from it though.

I did start writing a big post defending my position (as you are basically accusing me of fraud), but then thought the better of it. I'll sum it up in a few sentences for you.

You don't believe that more than one coin will have a place in the market, that's fair enough and your view, I have my own views from proper research and being in _the_ community. You only need to spend 5 minutes researching Dogecoin to see its _already_ accepted as a currency, it has a payment processor, services, retailers accepting it and gambling sites etc etc. I'm also not in anyway saying that it will overtake Bitcoin or become the new USD in 2014 either.

Whether people invest or not is their choice and has 0 effect on what I do (every crypto currency is speculative), earlier up in the thread I've seen people talking of other new alts so I figured I'd give some useful info. I'm a miner, I mine coins to sell. If people choose to invest fiat that is their choice and must do their own research as I've always said, I'm not suggesting anyone invest fiat (aside from QRK earlier in the thread) without this.

If you can't handle talking about other currencies (as it is shown in the title), why do you bother keep commenting. I'm open for discussion about all of it, especially seeing why you only believe in one coin, but the accusations are brilliant. Looks like even the "short" post became longer than intended.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I did start writing a big post defending my position (as you are basically accusing me of fraud), but then thought the better of it. I'll sum it up in a few sentences for you.

You have misread it if you think I am accusing you of fraud IMHO.

Im just saying you are making lots of money from people who are greedy to get something for nothing and keep jumping on every coin bandwagon going.

However as someone with a real interest in crpytocurrency as the future of money, my viewpoint is that you are cashing in at the expense of the greater good, as every failed altcoin is another dink in bitcoins armour.

You don't believe that more than one coin will have a place in the market, that's fair enough and your view, I have my own views from proper research and being in _the_ community. You only need to spend 5 minutes researching Dogecoin to see its _already_ accepted as a currency, it has a payment processor, services, retailers accepting it and gambling sites etc etc.

Its just a ponzi scheme really, you start a new coin, and tell everyone to join in and they will make money, but its just the ones in first that do so in a big way.
It was started to take the mickey until people realised that others were stupid enough to fall for it, lol.

Whether people invest or not is their choice and has 0 effect on what I do, earlier up in the thread I've seen people talking of other new alts so I figured I'd give some useful info. I'm a miner, I mine coins to sell. If people choose to invest fiat that is their choice and must do their own research as I've always said, I'm not suggesting anyone invest fiat (aside from QRK earlier in the thread) without this.

Agreed, you are just making cash out of peoples hopes that they can get something for nothing. More fool them!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you can't handle talking about other currencies (as it is shown in the title), why do you bother keep commenting. I'm open for discussion about all of it, especially seeing why you only believe in one coin, but the accusations are brilliant. Looks like even the "short" post became longer than intended.

Im happy to discuss the other coins, but my viewpoint will always be that the whole concept of one currency for the world which is owned by no one and usable to trade with anyone, which to me is what bitcoin was always meant to be is getting chipped away with every get rich scheme that comes along. At this rate there will soon instead of being a digital currency to simplify tractions from multiple currencies be more digital ones than there ever were paper ones!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Addicted. Just if you read back a few points to my comment about mining not making money.

Fair enough I tried it on a coin that doesn't seem to be worth it, is the way to make anything out of mining jumping on new coins before most people hear about it? My computer pushes out about 900kh/s so definitely not going to get rich, but if it can pay for some new computer parts then wicked.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Addicted. Just if you read back a few points to my comment about mining not making money.

Fair enough I tried it on a coin that doesn't seem to be worth it, is the way to make anything out of mining jumping on new coins before most people hear about it? My computer pushes out about 900kh/s so definitely not going to get rich, but if it can pay for some new computer parts then wicked.

All mining setups are arms races.

The moment a coin starts to become popular you will need a lot of hardware to mine it (like BTC) so yes getting in early on is the key.

Go start your own coin if you want mate, mine the first few million before you release it, then if it ever gets worth anything you have lots of it.