ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bizarre handling vs exalto

182 FF Cupped
I know from my first 182 that exalto’s all round were a winner.

Yet on the rear of this, my second 182, it has 1 exalto on the rear drivers side, and 1 pirelli p zero nero on the rear passenger side.

So going round roundabouts (thus turning to the right and putting the load on the Pirelli) in the wet or damp has resulted in some serious sideways action when the backend steps out, however when I go round a left hand corner (thus turning left and putting the load on the exalto) it sticks, grips and just turns perfectly.

I find it amazing that a. the exalto can make such a difference and b. how bad the p zero nero is in the wet.

My friend says that’s the reason why its handling like a pig when turning right….

Can anyone else agree with this? I find it amazing, but it seems to be true?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I run P Zero Nero's all round and they're brilliant in the wet.
I used to use Exalto's all round, but after trying P Zero's I couldn't tell the difference no matter how hard I pushed the car. So I now buy P Zero Nero's because they're cheaper.
Are you sure the Pirelli isn't badly worn? They do get a bit poor when they come to the end of their life.
Also, different tyres across the same axle is a bad idea full stop.

182 FF Cupped
agreed the different tyres on same axle is a no no, i only got it last week so intend to sort after xmas.

i checked with pirelli and they say " Like all summer tires, PZero Nero tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. "

some reviews:

However the biggest downfall of these tyres is wet handling, I would say they are dangerous.

excellent tyre in the dry giving lots of grip and a good warning when they are about to slide. However in the wet they are lethal!

and from experience, i'd say i have to agree

Fabia vrs tdi
Im the same mate have the pe2 on one side and s**t falkon on the other and going round a corner in the wet can result in the car sliding like f**k its almost dangerous, as soon as I can afford it im gettin 4 pe2s

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mixing brands no matter how good will make for terrible handling.

DMS

A thirsty 172
As I said in my previous post, I find P Zero Nero's pretty good in the wet. I couldn't tell the difference between them and Exalto's (and that's when pushing it). I think saying they're dangerous in the wet is a bit harsh.
I'm not saying they're the best tyres because I know they aren't, but personally I don't have a problem with them in the wet or dry.

What you've got to bear in mind is that the tyre tread pattern / compound are only half the story. Tyre pressures, suspension setup and the way you drive also play a big part in how a tyre performs.
Plus you've got mismatched tyres across the rear axle, which is going to affect grip no matter how good your tyres are.

182 trackday racer
I find P Zeros to be a lot more sensetive to rough road surfaces. My car mostly run och R888's and always with agressive camber since its mainly a track car. However I some times use the road wheels and I must say that the PE2's handled this just fine. Dont trust my new P Zeros at all, both hands on the steeringwheel is the melody!