ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 dynamique

Fabia VRS
Been meaning to put this thread together for a while and finally got round to doing it today. Been unsure on doing a project thread for a while as there's some bits I'm not happy with, e.g the back badge, rear window, callipers and drums and the level of kerbing on the wheels (in the process of touching them up with a pen until I can afford a refurb) but I suppose it's a 'project' thread so might as well start somewhere! Current mods are: Window tints, back box, 40mm lowering springs all round, rs grille, megane splitter, turinis finished in gloss black, colour coded side skirts with yellow 16v writing, colour coded front bumper, black Renault diamonds, and sprayed the rs grille in gloss black. I also have a boot build but don't really think that counts as a mod. Plans for the foreseeable future are my turini wheel diamonds in yellow, callipers in yellow and drums in black and the 172 rear bumper. At the minute I have an endless list of other things I want but money is holding me back, and also the thought of I'm going to want a new car within the next 2 years, so don't want to put too much money into it. Anyway, enough of the waffle. Here's the pictures.

photo (11).jpgphoto (9).jpgphoto (14).jpgphoto (10).jpgphoto (12).jpg

Black Clio 1.182
Looks good mate, first thing i would be doing is a getting a 172 bumper (or colour code it) and a rear badge :)

Fabia VRS
Hi mate, I have the rear badge, I just took it off when it was resprayed and I have no idea how to re-attach it. I've tried small number plate adhesive pads but they didnt work. I was considering silicone but really don't know. The rear of the car looks dreadful with that bumper in my opinion, as soon as I get some money together from the old alloys one will be going straight on.

Fabia VRS
Once I sort the badge the boot will be fine lol. Cheers mate, took me ages to find a cheap set.They'll look much better once I can afford a refurb though.

Black Clio 1.182
What colour you thinking of for your wheels? anthracite with yellow diamonds would look good?

Front end looks good! Love the wheels too :) In my opinion i'd ditch the tints, bit of an overkill on black :\ looks alot cleaner without them. Not keen on the back box either, Maybe get a K-tec stealth? Just my opinon though.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Hi mate, I have the rear badge, I just took it off when it was resprayed and I have no idea how to re-attach it. I've tried small number plate adhesive pads but they didnt work. I was considering silicone but really don't know. The rear of the car looks dreadful with that bumper in my opinion, as soon as I get some money together from the old alloys one will be going straight on.

Open the boot, Take the plastic panel off, undone the bolts that hold the diamond part to the boot and it should come out. Attach your diamond and put back. Hope that helps pal.

Fabia VRS
L.Alves - The wheels will be staying black I think. They're just in need of a refurb. I've seen some in anthracite and they do look nice, but sticking with black. Wheels diamonds will be yellow yes.

Wayne-G - Thanks mate! Yeh i've been thinking that for a while, and i'm in a massive debate on whether to keep or ditch them. Will be considering this over the next few weeks. Once again, i'm not a massive fan either lol. At the time I loved it, and it was cheap, so did the job. However i'm not a massive fan of the stealth as i like some poking out the bumper lol. Considering a sportex one and maybe if I can afford it the 182 replica one.

JoeJ9 - thanks for the help mate! I'll give it a go when I next get time and let you know how it goes!

Fabia VRS
Small update - Gave the car a clean today and finished touching up the wheels so thats good. Think i'm getting the calipers done in the next month or so and I'm considering taking the tints off, but i'm really in 2 minds whether to or not? Next decision is what do people think to 182 look exhaust that k-tec do? Should I get this or stick with the current back box and the sport rear bumper?

Thanks

TT QS
say bye to the tints. makes it look abit like a van imo :)

also not a fan of the 182 style. didnt sound all that great when i saw a vid of it either

Fabia VRS
say bye to the tints. makes it look abit like a van imo :)

also not a fan of the 182 style. didnt sound all that great when i saw a vid of it either

Yeh i'm really considering it. Are they easy to remove do you know? Just like hairdryer and razor blade job? Ah, what exhaust do you recommend? dont fancy a stealth one really.

Fabia VRS
After a long day, a lot has happened! Engine cover has been sprayed yellow, along with the dash inserts, and surround for my head unit. Wing mirrors, 'clio' badge and renault diamonds in my wheels have also gone yellow! My rear badge has finally been attached, and the tints have been removed! Pictures to come tomorrow.

Fabia VRS
Here are the pictures of most of the updated stuff. Only thing I've left out is the yellow clio badge, the re-attached rear renault badge and the cliosport sticker in the back window. Apologies for the dirt!

photo (16).jpgphoto (17).jpgphoto (18).jpg

Fabia VRS
Not much has gone on lately other than a few ideas floating around in my head.

The wing mirrors are starting to cheese me off a bit, but dont want to go back to black, I want something different! I was thinking smooth off the 1.2 16v font on the bullet, with carbon mirrors and a yellow 16v on the back? Any opinions on this?

Ive moved the front plate down into the lower grille and its really growing on me, any ideas on how to make it stay there without cable ties? Looks abit tacky imo. Then obviously getting the plate recess smoothed/filled or whatever they do.

I think I'm going to try and swap the turinis for some 182 wheels and hopefully get a bit of cash my way to put towards the exhaust. I'm really going off them :dapprove:

Then finally, I'm going for the 182 exhaust, but getting a straight through centre section with decat for it too.

Opinions/thoughts welcome on everything.

1.2 16V Dynamique
Morning,

I'd suggest taking the front lower grille, and building up a block slightly smaller than plate itself out of a similarly flexible plastic, possibly an acrylic about 3-5mm. You would have to find out the polymer of the lower grille before chopping and changing as some plastics REALLY don't like glue of any variety. If it's PET, it's unlikely it would stay on there for long. If not, I would make two plates, again in an acrylic or possibly another plastic that would withstand the heat, and sandwich the lower grille with nut and bolts, making sure the bolts have flat heads that could be countersunk. That way, you can have the plate sitting flat against the fixing plate you've made, and then stick it/screw it/ velcro it on

Don't take this as gospel as I know it would need a bit of jigging, but the theory is there :D

TT QS
The 16v idea on the mirrors doesn't appeal to me. However I have carbon mirrors and tbh they just make you paranoid about where you go. They look good but I'm forever thinking someones going to take it off. Think about it.
Simple mods are the way foreword.

And unless your planning on smoothing the front please move the plate. It just looks out of place :/

Last edited: