ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black 225 (T5MY G)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I recently got a black 2001 225 that i p/x'd my ford racing puma for. It's on 80,000 and is in very good condition. From new it was specced with bose, black leather and tt comps. After 1 week, the o/s front spring decided to snap. Sounded to me like a perfect excuse to replace it with some lowering springs. After a bit of research i found the Apex 40mm springs were the lowest you could go before going down the coilover route. I read a couple of owner reviews and they were all positive so i got a set :p pre facelifts sit silly high so couldn't wait too drop it. I also ordered some new top mount rubbers and bearings whilst they were being changed.
DSC01581.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

I dont have any pics from before :( The car also needed a really good clean so have some before and afters. I also removed the tt badge and quattro badge. Looks soo much better and de-cluttered.
DSC01592.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

And after..
DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

The tax disc holder that came with the car had seen better days so i got a carbon magnetic one to replace..
DSC01593.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

Since then i have also removed the quattro badge from the front grille. The car has also settled another 5mm lower and sits really nice. I've ordered some mts smoked side repeaters that im waiting to come from germany. i got some silver coated 501's to go with them when they arrive. I also got a gloss black audi rings for the rear. Just got to pop the front ones off and spray them to match.
DSC01629.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

The wheels are being resprayed gloss black soon so when ive had them sprayed i will update with pics :p plans for further down the line are coilovers, wheels, v6 front bumper and carbon bits.

Hope you all like.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
not as special as a frp :( was you ever about in sileby in the puma? i always see one driving about.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Cheers James

Do miss the Frp Ben :( the tt's just a better car but it dosent have the wow factor like the Frp did but girls love them lol there a magnet. Nah didn't drive round sileby. I know of 3 in Leicester and that's it. You still got the s1 rallye?

It's crying for spacers now. Going to get the wheels sprayed first then going to get hubcentric spacers. I sold the Saxo but I sooo regret it. Miss that car so much. :( if it had heaters I think I would of kept it.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i see your reasoning behind buying one. might have to look into one for myself lol. i have yeah theres a progress thread on the same page as this.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I wanted one for ages but the insurance has always been a killer. I did the wak box mod (basically drilled airbox) and you can hear the turbo spool alot more and the standard dump. Carnt wait to get a splitter r and remap will sound beaut spooling up. With the wak box you get a deep grumble at low revs aswell. Really want a full miltek non res system with downpipe and de-cat. Will have a look at the rallye. Miss those cars soo bad.

Lancaster Audi. Same place my Panzer originally came from. Great bunch and very helpful when queried on previous owners and servicing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice Tommy, lot less upkeep than the Frp and probably 1000 million times comfier ride from the TTs i've driven. Did you px it at the garage or private?

Spraying those Audi rings are proper pikey though! :eek: I know you're a modder though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're spraying comps black??!!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evora, C-HR & A180
Looks good on the apex :cool: i prefer the TT's on 17"s. Definately get the V6 front bumper-made such a difference to the front end of mine. Ive got 20mm hubcentric spacers on rear, looks spot on imo. Subscribed to your thread for updates:D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Thanks for the comments :)

I ordered the other day some new number plate lights from tps and got some led festoons. Looks so much better and freshens up the rear.
DSC01635.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

I also got a forge splitt-r dv for a good price :p will fit this over the weekend.
DSC01634.jpg

Ive fitted the smoked side repeters and they've made a nice change. Blends in very well with the black. I'll give it a clean this weekend and post pics. Going to also fit the rear black rings and remove the front rings ready for spraying black.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Decided to have abit of a cleaning session this weekend. I got some g3 cutting compound as the paint looked alittle dull.
This is before...
DSC01640.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

Once the car was cleaned i parked it into the garage and under the lights i was shocked to see how bad the paint was. Some bellend had gone over the whole car with a orbital and has made a right mess to the laquer. I knew full well by hand i was never going to correct it but i gave it a good go.

As you can see the swirls and scratches left by the orbital machine polisher and the lack of reflection :(
DSC01668.jpg

And after, still nowhere near good enough but alot better..
DSC01669.jpg

Rear bumper comparison pic...
DSC01661.jpg

Passanger door done...
DSC01672.jpg

All i managed to get done in the end was the n/s door/n/s rear quater/boot/rear bumper. Next weekend i will attack it again and get more finished.

And after (Also fitted the rear black audi rings)...
DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

All iv'e done since is fitted the forge splittr and done the wak box mod which makes a nice induction noise :) Hopefully on payday i will be getting some gloss black 18" rs4's so will keep the thread updated. I also need too get some new lower grilles for the bumper as they have what appears to be silver/grey overspray on them which is proving hard to come off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The RS4's will freshen that up something else mate. Looking good. I'mstill looking at them.

Honestly how do you think they drive? I know they're not great but they have so many positives.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not a fan of the black rings but the best looks good. Don't go black with the wheels though, they look good when proper clean in silver.

What does that valve do exactly?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
They are a nice car to drive. The only downside I've had is you get alot of road noise and at high speeds 120mph plus you get wind noise through the windows. Also if you change between 1st-2nd it can be snappy from heavy accelerating but pulling away steadily if that makes sense lol. I would defo say it's a better package from the Frp. Yes you don't get the driver envolement but you get the comfort/speed. I've had 150mph on the sat nav so far (unmapped) haha. I think with a map and more torque it should pin you back in your seat alittle more :) gally you can get qs for 6-8k these days. Get one of them ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're putting the RS4 wheels on? Awesome. Really really modernises it.

Glad you're impressed with it so far, it's a car that ticked all my boxes, just not yet...

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Rob the forge valve basically splits the boost 50/50 to the manifold and the rest atmosphere. It's the only valve you can get that's atmospheric that dosent knacker 1.8t vags. Hopefully I can get some for payday. It's crying for bigger wheels :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the normal TT multispokes. Old RS4 ones iirc. Fill the arches well.

audittsmall.jpg

I love the QS but I neeeeeds back seats!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rob the forge valve basically splits the boost 50/50 to the manifold and the rest atmosphere. It's the only valve you can get that's atmospheric that dosent knacker 1.8t vags. Hopefully I can get some for payday. It's crying for bigger wheels :(

OK, I'm 100% turbo noob, wtf does this achieve?

I prefer the normal TT multispokes. Old RS4 ones iirc. Fill the arches well

I love the QS but I neeeeeds back seats!

Those are the RS4 wheels aren't they? The "normal" tt multispokes are just RS4 wheels.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
UPDATE!!!

I got some new H&R 50mm (25mm each side) spacers that i got for the rear..
DSC01685.jpg

Here's some pics with them fitted to the rear...
DSC01688.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

Gave it a quick clean and went for some pics...
DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

I won a Fk badgeless grill off ebay from Awesome and there sevice wasspot on :)...
DSC01702.jpg

I then managed to source a set of BBS lm reps 18x8.5J 5x100 which will bolt straight on :) They came with 215/45/18 stretched tyres which look awesome. I got some new spigot rings, wheel bolts & lockers and also got some Rimwax to seal them before i fit them. Heres the pics...
DSC01703.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

My outer cv boots have a pin hole leak in each driveshaft so whilst the wheels are off im changing them...
DSC01701.jpg

Thats it until friday/saturday until i fit the gaiters and wheels. I'll post pics up when there on.

I'f anybody is interested my comps are for sale. Pm me if interested.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Looks great mate, the LM's need major lows to pull them off IMO, especially with the stretched tyres.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb mate even with the 5 spokes! Is it running lower springs?

The Lm's should look superb!

How you enjoying the car itself mate?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Looks great mate, the LM's need major lows to pull them off IMO, especially with the stretched tyres.

Cheers gaz, coilovers are next on the shopping list :)

Looks superb mate even with the 5 spokes! Is it running lower springs?

The Lm's should look superb!

How you enjoying the car itself mate?

Cheers Gally, yer its running 40mm springs! I'm really enjoing the car at the moment but i really need an exhaust as the only noise you can hear i the turbo spooling.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Fitted the Lm's last week but only just got around to giving it a goo clean and take some pics. So here they are...
DSC01714.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

Next up exhaust & coilovers :)