ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Campus Sport, give me a hand picking stuff?

A

akimbo-slice

Got my first car about a month ago and im ready to start doing it up a bit but im terrible at styling stuff so maybe you guys can give me some help:)

things i want to do already;

lower it 40-50-60mm? need to find a balance between looks and practicality.

new wheels 15's-16s? colours? what kind of wheel?

colour code renault diamonds etc.

would the sport bumpers fit? if so i think that would look better

feel free to add anything you think will look good.
IF ANYONE CAN USE PHOTOSHOP PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THE CAR WITH DIFFERENT WHEELS ETC. a picture speaks a 1000 words and all that crap.

DSCN1515.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
looks nice and tidy, get those wheels refubished in a different colour and lower it on coilovers. then colour code :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Lower
16" 172 wheels (anthracite)
Some yellow details (bullets etc)

Someone on here had a black 182 with yellow details. It looked the tits.

A

akimbo-slice

anthracite speedlines would look mint but i just had a look and speedlines arent cheap, how much would some go for second hand?

another question would i be better off buying new wheels and getting the old tyres put on the new wheels or just getting new tyres with the wheels? how much would it cost to get the tyres changed from one rim to another?

cheers

Listerine & Poledo
good sight cheaper option.

unless you want to start turning in hot laps, or completely slam the car (but you mentioned practicality earlier, so I guess not) then you wont see any great benefit.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
spray your wheels black, lower it 60mm on springs ( can get FK 60/40 kit for £65 new ) and colour code.... all that really needs done with

A

akimbo-slice

haha okay cheers mate, have you got any idea what they are like to fit? ive done some reading and seems like all i need is a spring compressor and sockets etc. or would i be better off going to a garage?

A

akimbo-slice

not sure if i want to spray the wheels i want to get shot of them the previous owner must have been blind or something the curbing on them is pretty bad. i fancy getting some white speedline 1.2's

Listerine & Poledo
If you're asking how to do it, and don't have the tools, let a garage do the job.

as for wheels, a set of genuine 172 wheels would look better IMO, also they'll look more original when resale comes around.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
just refurb your standard alloys if your on a budget, if you have a spare £200 get some 172 alloys and spray them before fitting them and your onto a winner ;)

A

akimbo-slice

ive ordered some coilovers now they should be here within the next few days:cool:

what should i do next?
im thinking of heading down the scrappy to find some 172 bumbers

should i bother with exhausts/induction kits and stuff like that?

A

akimbo-slice

coilover should be fitted sortly and ive bought some anthracite 182 wheels which should be here in the next few days.

debating if i should get new bumpers of just spray the mat black bumpers to match the rest of the body, and i might spray my calipers yellow but not sure yet. thoughts anyone?

A

akimbo-slice

DSCN1517.jpg

so its been lowered now, not sure by how much but its lowered haha.
did the job myself along with help from a mate after much arguing with my mum about our abilities but we proved her wrong.

next to come i think will be some team dynamic 1.2s,172 cups or anything similar to those two, im thinking white wheels will look good on it but im not sure

Attachments

• DSCN1517.jpg
    DSCN1517.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 69
Get some 16" pov spec 172 wheels and leave them silver. They look great on black non-sports.

White turini's could be good. But it has been done loads.... for a good reason.

clio 1.2 8v
how much you wantin to spend. id say deffo get oz f1 alloys if you can find some look the nuts and put it on coilovers amazin handling but adjustable hight for the practicality part.