ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BLOODY WASHER JETS!

Clio 172 Mk2

Well.... about a month ago, the washer bottle was empty. As always, I decided to fill it back up. But while filling up, a bit of foliage dropped in! Stupidly, I didnt really do anything about it and all was well. Tried to wish it away LOL!

Yesterday, it was empty again. As always, I decided to fill it up again. But thi time, all my washer jets blocked up! Looked in the washer bottle and it looks like the foliage has finally broken up into pieces and is wreaking havoc on the whole system!

I decided to remove the pipework to the windscreen washers and used the washer control - fluid was moving freely meaning that all the mailto:cr@p">cr@p has moved to the jets themselves. Washed the screen jets with some cleaner spray & needle and the jets have finally started to work. But there is still mailto:cr@p">cr@p in the bottle, and I am gonna shove a hose into it to try and flood it all out. Is this the best approach?

The only problem now is that the headlamp washers are blocked. And on initial inspection it doesnt look easy to wash them out! How easy is it to get at them? I suspect the headlamps have to be removed... how easy is that? All I can see is a nut on top of each lamp... is it a simple case of removing these bolts and pulling the lamp out to access the washers? Or is it a bit more complicated than this??

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/biglunn/Photo-0036cropped.jpg

Headlamp washer nozzles work out at about £18! If I cant clear the blockage in the nozzles it looks like I have to buy a new pair.

Clio 172 Mk2

FCUK!!! Im gonna take my revenge out on a few trees by hacking them down! That will teach the fcuking trees for shooting their precision guided leaves into my washer bottle!

Clio 172 Mk2

Quote: Originally posted by biglunn on 16 June 2005

The only problem now is that the headlamp washers are blocked. And on initial inspection it doesnt look easy to wash them out! How easy is it to get at them? I suspect the headlamps have to be removed... how easy is that? All I can see is a nut on top of each lamp... is it a simple case of removing these bolts and pulling the lamp out to access the washers? Or is it a bit more complicated than this??
Well... I decided to get down to sorting the headlamp washers out... apparently very important when the headlamps are HID type.

Lots of fiddling around... cut my hands a few times... getting all hot and bothered with the strong sun beating down on me... I just couldnt get to the washer jets from inside the engine bay. Burnt my hand a fer times, and nearly got my hands chopped up by the fan coming on... this was a ri9sky job!! (ok.. not risky for someone clued up, but for a div like me...)

Me sitting on the grass wondering what the next course of action may be, getting prepared to remove the entire front end (!) a little girl from a few doors down... stopped playing with her friends and asked me whats wrong. I tell her that these (pointing to the washers) dont work. She looks and asks what they are for, and I tell her that they wash the lights so I can see better in the dark. She then replies telling me that they should work in the dark... I tried the squirters with the headlamps ON and hey ho... they work perfectly!

I was outsmarted by a little girl. :oops: