ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Xenon Washers (redux)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Right, a few months back when I first got the car I took the bumper off and inserted the one way values in that everyone uses. This morning I got in the car to go to work and the lights came on (it was still slightly dark), there was some tree sap on the screen so I cleared it. I heard the xenon washers go off as well as the screenwashers.

I get to work and notice an absolute s**t load of water coming out the bottom of my car, I know for a fact this is screenwash as I use a slightly scented mix. I got someone at work to give me a hand by making the washers come on while I had a look, there's no water coming out the headlight washers at all. Then after a minute or so loads of fluid leaks out the bottom of the bumper.

Any ideas? Do you reckon the valves have failed already? They are only a few months old and were working perfectly when I fitted them. Or do you just reckon one of the pipes has come off one of the washers on the bumper? I stripped them down and cleaned them last time I had the system in bits. I even took out the screenwash header tank and gave that a good scrub out, so as far as I know there shouldn't be any grit in the system.

Golf GTD Mk7
Valves? Is that an addition to the OE system or a replacement part? Have you checked the seals around the jets themselves. This is the main point of leakage iirc. Either that or one of the hoses might have come loose.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yes valves, sorry for the typo. Basically mine did the thing that all the washer jets do, the valves went. So I put some inline ones in that people buy from Halfords. They worked fine for ages, now things are leaking and the headlights aren't getting washed.