ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowing = poor performance

RS Clio 172 Cup
Can a blowing exhaust effect power that much? Where the exhaust/cat joins the manifold it's seems to be blowing, not so much when I'm cruising but when I put my foot down, man, it's loud!! Will this affect power? Where can I get a new seal and fitting kit? Is it just Renault?
Thanks in advance
​Nick

RS Clio 172 Cup
Forgot to mention that its a standard exhaust, why the hell is it so loud? Can only be the join I think, I've looked under the car just and give it a good rev and I can see the exhaust gases coming from it

Turbo LY R27
It will affect your mpg big time! I struggled at 60 to get 33!! Not at 70 on cruise I get 41! Performance wasn't to hampered but it felt a little flat, the 5k kick was defo stronger when it was sorted. Wasn't slow tho.

RS Clio 172 Cup
Right ive just been for a little drive and here's what I found. The exhaust note is noticeably quieter, the low range and mid power is unchanged but when I'm between 5k & redline(which it's struggling to pull to) it's slow and I can also here the exhaust blowing from the pre cat joint. There is no blowing any other time. If i rev it hard and look at the area where the cat joins the manifold i can see exhaust fumes but only at high revs. The exhaust is also rattling from the inside and I'm starting to think its either blocked with something or the cat has packed up? :dapprove: