ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 172 cup with carbon fibre bonnet that lost its top half of bonnet

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I was at Carr & Griffiths yesterday for my taxi to get its first MOT and Council test. got talking to the guy doing the test and he told me one the mechanics there has a blue 172 Cup that has a K-Tec carbon fibre bonnet. Apparently he was going down the motorway when the bonnet delaminated. He's now left with the bottom half of the bonnet still on the car but no top skin. I must admit I've not heard of this happening before but had considered a carbon fibre bonnet for mine. Having seen his I don't think I'll bother! I believe he's just bought a Williams Clio as well. Is it anyone from this forum?

Passat
Right, someone needs to explain this bonnet to me. It has a top and a bottom? I'm confused. Is it just a weight reduction measure? To be fair it's gotta be better than the £200 carbon fibre engine cover

ibiza cupra
i think what they are saying is the carbon fibre skin came off the frame of the bonnet on the motorway so ther is only the underneath of the bonnet left lol

ah i thought you meant it went s**t or something lol. to be honest im not bothered bout weight loss, i just thought it looked cool! if i was gona go down the weight loss route the interior and air-con would already be gone ....