ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 182 10:50am this morning on Mitchell ave (Thornaby)

Arctic 182 FF
Are the exhaust mounts easy to replace and cheap? Lol so really your cars sort of limited edition then? Yeh must be a bit of a nightmare having to climb through the passenger side. I bet people cya doing it and think wots that wierdo doing lmao haha yeh its way too easy to spend money n really hard to save it lol theres too many hings u can spend money on when it comes to cars n nothing seems to be cheap lol nah havnt had many problems at all really its been quite good to me surprisingly. Iv had the rear wheel bearing done some rear brake pads and a major service n thats it so im quite chuffed with it. Had it a year at the end of jan. Hav u had a few problems with yours like mate?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah pretty cheap mate there bout £25 quid each i think and straight forward to fit. Yeah kinda i guess, Ive seen one or two others in the Nort East aswell. Yeah well i tried opening the passenger door and leaning over to open the drivers door and then running round the car but that made me look even worse lmao :eek: Never really cheap with Renault mate, things tend to brake often too lol. Yeah had a couple, when i bought it, the airbox was broke so had to replace that. Lambda sensor blew and the car went limp so had that changed. Then had to replace cracked rear brake disks twice ! turned out the the Caliper was too tight and kept locking. Finally got it perfect and some old bloke drove into the back of me :mad: Once i've got the belts done should be back to a near perfect state dispite a few dents. Cant wait, so much more enjoyable to drive and then i can look to make a few more improvements myself.

Arctic 182 FF
Lmao sounds like u need your handle fixing sharpish like haha i think ill just wait till i get my new exhaust to replace the mounts if they will last that long lol yeh i dont think french cars are the most reliable like. I had a 2.0 206 before my 182 and i lowered it n it totally nacked the cv boots and wishbones and the rear hub cost be about 450 quid to get it all fixed lol did u get the back fixed through his insurance. Must of been devastated when that happened like. I cant wait to get the things done i want like i will like it a lot more when i do. I spent nearley 3 hours washing and hoovering it earlier n they r a really nice car when they are clean and shiny. Just been reading a thread n theres a lad from whitby with a supercharger on his. Boosted it to around 250bhp n costs about 4k. Id love to get that done if i was loaded haha

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah hopefully thats whats causing the noise and it will be pretty simple for you to sort. Yeah really need the handle sorting, hopefully have it sorted in a week or so, still havent decided on colour yet though lol. I had a saxo which fell apart as well mate, thats proberbly why they charge so much for parts. Well not really they sorted the rear bumper and lights for me, but i had to pay for a new clutch cable and rear caliper as they locked to the disks when i stamped on the pedals, their insurer and garage said that it wasnt as a direct result of the accident even though the car was undrivable after and they had to take it away on the back of a truck. Put a complaint in but nothing came from it really. Yeah i washed and polished mine on friday, try to do it once a week if i can. Thats a lot of money though 4k, nearly the price of the car lol i've always fancied throttle bodies myself. Not sure if i will ever be able to save that kind of money for a job like that though.

Arctic 182 FF
lol french engineering isnt the best in the world like is it lol insurance companies are really annoyin arent they, sometimes they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I had a load of chew with an insurance company. a lad clipped my car in the works car park n when i found out it was him i claimed though is insurance company and they wouldnt accept the blame and wouldnt pay up. nearley had to go to court over it all. has your mate got back to you with the photoshopped pic of the black handles. iv seen other people on about throttle bodies but they are nearley 2k as well. it just seems that everything you can do to these cars to make them quicker costs a ridiculous amount of money lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I know there quick enough to take your money but thats the only service you get, certainly looking to change insurer in the future. No unfortunatly not, have a feeling he's proberbly forgot lol, to be fair though the ones on ebay all seem to be black anyway so can always put it on and see how its looks on the car. Yeah i know, always though throttle bodies were a great piece of kit though an its something to aspire too if i ever have a spare 2k lying around lmao. To be honest they are build to a decent spec from standard, dont really get decent power gains without going down the road of throttle bodies or a turbo/supercharger. Ive been considering a Sports Cat from KTEC as not sure if i can be bothered with the mess on changing a De-cat round come MOT time, only downside is its bout £300 more than a de-cat :dapprove: and then deffinatley need a decent remap

Arctic 182 FF
lmao i could never even imagine the day i have 2k lying around lol i dunno if i could justify spending 2k on one thing on ma car lol our lass would kill me anyway haha i couldnt be bothered messing about changing a de-cat come mot time like thats y im thinking of just going down the catback road instead. Isnt your exhaust loud enough for ya now like lol yeh i think ill get a remap next year as well. Its gunna cost me a fortune to do all this stuff to ma car the lists as long as my arm haha

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah same here mate but its always nice to dream lol. Yeah its loud enough but kinda fancy it as an easier alternative to the decat, should make a slight improvement and once have got a remap should feel miles better, really hope it sorts out the driving from cold. Feels absolutely terrible on a morning when firsted started up, with it coming up to winter its getting to the point where im having to sit and wait for the car to heat up before heading off to work. Im kinda hoping its something mendal can sort when it gets the belts done. I know what ya mean it certainly racks up im hoping that once i have the brakes done and maybe a few xmas presants lol i'll be about finished, until i see something else lmao. Which remap you going for ? im thinking bout trying to get hold of an RS tuner.

Arctic 182 FF
Yeh mines not at its best when the engines cold like you can feel all the gear changes and it sounds a little whiny for the first 10 seconds or so. I wonder if they are just prone to things like this. haha this is one of them things where u dont know where to stop isnt it haha ur neva satisfied with what its like and always need to do more lol i havnt really looked into a remap much yet mate so im not really sure ill need to do a bit of research on them first. I think your right about the exhaust mounts mate i had a look yesterday and i think they are on their way out lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah i think so mate, mines been worse since the Lambda sensor blew. Absolutely fumming today, i think my rear Caliper's sticking again. You can feel it when driving and the brake disk is red hot on that side :mad: Aww well thats not too bad, the exhaust mounts should be easy to fix and shouldnt cost too much either, you could probs get it all done together when you get the Yozza on mate.

Arctic 182 FF
Wot u gunna do about your brake u gunna get mendal to look at it or can u sort it yourself? Yeh thats wot i was thinkin i just hope thats definately wot it is n not something more serious. U bought a handle off ebay yet?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah will have a word with mendal as they only changed it a couple of months ago so as far as im aware i should have some sort of warrenty on it. Ordered the door handle today so will start having a think about colours and then fit it as soon as possible, really tired of climbing across now lol. Also ordered the Top mounts off KTEC so once they arrive will be off to mendal to get them fitted along with all the belts been done. :)

Arctic 182 FF
Yeh ud think u would have a warranty on it like if its still fairly new. It sounds like its a recurring problem like your rear brakes hope theres nothing wrong with it. I need to send my cd player away today only had it a couple of months n it wont turn on now dunno wots happened to it. Been without a cd player or radio for about 3 weeks now its doing my head in lol those top mounts are reasonably priced like they sound pretty good value for money. Might have to look at them myself sometime.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah im not too optomistic on it being resolved but should at least be changed for the time been. Top mounts and door handle arrived today, only ordered both a day ago. Cant wait to get them fitted, still not sure on the colour for the handle mind, soon as i think ive decided i change my mind again lol. Hoping to get all the brake disks and pads sorted for xmas.

Arctic 182 FF
lol im terrible for changing my mind about stuff as well im never happy lol i put my headlights on the other night n one of them was a pinky colour lol dunno if thats wot xenons do when they are on their way out but iv ordered some new ones off ebay lol changing a bulb doesnt look the easiest thing to do like the gap to get your hand in looks pretty small. Were you on the a66 yesterday about 4:00? im sure i seen an inferno 182 with blacked out windows on the other side going towards the boro stadium?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not sure mate, I dont have xenons on mine, doesnt sound rite though so think you were probs rite to buy some new ones. I know what ya mean i had the same problem when fitting the silvatec bulbs. Sorry mate wasnt me i was at work all day, pretty sure there is one in redcar though mate so good chance thats the one you seen. Im up and down Mitchell avenue over the weekend taking the mrs to work so will keep an eye out for you.

Arctic 182 FF
tried fitting my headlight bulbs yesterday apparently u have to take the bumber off :( gunna be an absolute nightmare lol yeh must of been the one from Redcar then cos im sure it was very similar to yours. Yeh ill keep a look out for u too mate just depends how quickly i can get this bulb changed lol so where abouts in acklam u live then mate u near the coronation?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Sounds like a big job mate, didnt know it was that difficult. I didnt have too to change the indicator bulbs so would have thought the headlights would have been similar, could be differant with the xenons like. Im the other end mate towards Linthorpe / Whinney Banks, Just buy the School. How bout yourself ? think last time i saw you, you were right next to Asda. Cars at mendal on tuesday for a couple of days, lot of work to be done but should run perfect when i get it back. :)

Arctic 182 FF
Bought some H7 headlight bulbs got the old bulb out n found out that they have been converted to hids so had to order some H9 hid bulbs off ebay lol couldnt believe it spent 22 quid on changin one headlight bulb :( lol ah right my nanna lives on whinney banks road iv probs seen ya loads of times lol wot u gettin done at mendals like mate. Mine desperately needs to go in i need to get that vibrating noise sorted cos i dont think it is the exhaust mount things anymore n need to get the creaking sorted at the back just hope my shock absorber hasnt gone

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thats unlucky that like, you werent to know though i guess. Did you have to take the front bumper off to get it out then ? Going to Mendal for the belts doing, My new top mounts fitting and the rear caliper replacing again. Gonna order some new front disks this week i think. Have you had a look on here to see if anyone else has had the same problems with the creaking ? Hopefully it wont cost too much and will be able to get it sorted soon enough.

Arctic 182 FF
No i havnt but thats a good idea that. Nah i started to take it of but wasnt as easy as people made it out to be lol so i just forced ma hand in lol hurt quite a bit but never mind lol yeh shud be better getting them new top mounts fitted they must be loads better than the rubber ones that are on now. I live on chadderton drive just off mitchell ave. Im looking into gettin a new front number plate yano the smaller ones that fit in the recess properly i think they look so much better

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hopefully yeah, there quite heavy but should make a big improvement and at last sort the creaking everytime i turn the wheel lol, they look really smart even though you never see them lmao. Need to get the door handle back on this week too hopefully. Yeah i fancy a new number plate but purely cause im fed up advertising Acklam car centre lol, you get a discount at fancy plates from off here i think as well. I would double check before you get a 3/4 plate though mate cause im sure there illegal although you will probs never get noticed, your right though they do look miles better when they fit the recess.

Arctic 182 FF
Haha yeh i know what u mean iv got riverside car sales plastered all over mine haha i cleaned all my engine bay the other day n was propa chuffed with it but then i realised that id wasted about an hour of my life cos no1 ever sees it anyway lol yeh creaking noises are really annoying arent they i hate noises on my car cos it usually means somethings broke lol yeh thats what i was thiniking with the number plate cos iv got really bad luck with stuff like that lol iv got blue sidelights now as well so they wouldnt help the matter lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Lo what did you use to clean your engine bay like mate, i really need to clean the car but may as well wait till i get it back from the garage. Yeah im the same, seem to panic everytime it makes any noise out of the ordinary, doesnt help that they rattle constantly anyway lol. Thinking about giving that lad a call in a month or so and see bout getting these dents sorted, just hope i dont need a new bonnet. Seen loads of silver 172's/182's in the area recently.

Arctic 182 FF
I dunno i just found a spray that cleans up oil and grease n stuff that foams up in the garage so just used that lol worked pretty well like. Ano they are terrible for rattles n stuff i dont think they r the best built cars ever lol yeh u shud give him a ring wen u want it doin he shud do u a decent price. Wud still be worth ringing round a few places like. M&M hav got a body shop on snowden road as well n they r pretty decent. Yeh come to mention it iv seen quite a few kickin about lately. I see a silver v6 all the time

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah well i seem to have repaired all the mechanics so may as well look to revivie the body work a bit, the dent on the bonnet is really noticable. Will have a ring about and see what proces are like. Front brake disks arrived this morning so can wait to get them fitted. Car went into mendal this morning so im kinda lost without it. We have a black 182 down my way which i see constantley going up and down lol

Arctic 182 FF
Are Mendal fitting your brake discs as well like? Yeh im the same i hate not having my car i feel like im stuck lol n i hate relyin on other people to give me lifts n stuff lol iv seen a black 182 up n down mitchell quite a few times dunno if its the same one but it sounds quite nice. Im desperate to get the belts done on mine now like but gunna hav to wait till the beginning of next year i think need to save my money for xmas and new year lol