ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch Failure....? Recall?

ClioSport 172
Evening guys,

So yesterday....my dashboard and rear lights stopped working, so after a quick look on here i went out and checked all the fuses. All were fine...so then procededed to check the fuses under the bonnet....and all were good there too.

So anyways....it turned out a relay had fallen off (or been knocked off by a friend).

So anyways....got it sorted....only to realise today that my bonnet catch isn't holding my bonnet down.

I had to nurse the car home from work after hearing some of the horror stories.

So.....it's an 03plt phase 2 172.....will renault fix it for free? Is it repairable? Or shall i have to buy a new one....

Many Thanks

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Take it to Renault to find out if it's been recalled and fixed already.

Or you could take it apart, grease it and re fit it. Failing that fit some aerocatches ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Renault will replace it if it hasn't been done before (The one on the bonet, not the bit on the slam panel) but if uts already been done and failed again, you can buy new ones for about £25 iirc.

ClioSport 172
Ahh right i see....i'll give them a phone in the morning.

I'm not sure whether it's the one on the bonnet or the slam panel? :S The one on the bonnet seems to move....it just won't "clip in" once the bonnet goes down.

Need to get it fixed soon though....don't fancy getting a bonnet in the face!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i went to renault, she said there was nothing on the car outstanding and would'nt change it, guessing that means its been done? :)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i checked to see if mine had been done a few months ago, turned out it hadnt so i waited there for them to do it because they were quiet

Clio 172 ph2
My was replaced last year! It was perfectly fine before Renault touched it! Now it won't open unless someone pushes down on the bonnet!!! Cheers Renault!