ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet lock

Had a small shunt on Saturday, the bonnet has taken most of the damage and is refusing to lock in, can't figure out why so for the moment it is being held down by the safety catch and pinned in by some wire.

I got pulled on the A2 today, they told me that they could take me off the road until I get it sorted, with a bit of quick thinking they let me off, but told me I had to get it sorted. I'm taking it to essex coachworks tomorrow to get it assessed, is there anyway I can get it to stay down myself until it goes in on the 18th?

Ph2, I've sorted it, the pin which is released by the lever inside the car was bent upwards slightly, so I got a crowbar and bent it down again, now it closes lol just gotta wait for the price from the guy that assessed it now :(

Thanks anyway fred.