ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost Control... One for the Turbo Guru's

A few of you may of seen that I've recently turbo'ed my 172 Cup.

It's an Engine Dynamics turbo kit, and is currently running an Engine Dynamics 230bhp map (with AEM F/IC-8 running the fueling, and OEM ECU doing everything else). I'm planning on taking it to EFI Parts eventually to have it tweaked, and up the boost 1 maybe 2psi as I'm hoping for something closer to 250bhp

Currently the boost is set directly by the Actuator, so my question is, would I benefit from running Boost Control, as the F/IC-8 gives me the option to do this with just the addition of a boost solenoid (vag n75 or similar)?

PH1 loads of boost!
How much boost is it holding higher up the rev range?
If it's dropping off a bit then it might be a good idea to use a solenoid to control it, which will help peak power.
With your setup you could probably run 10psi? You could put a bit more pre-load on the actuator as well which might lift the boost, but probably won't help it up high. A solenoid is the better way to do it.

This is the one I use and it's very good. Hold's the boost very well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Port-El...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ecd67bcef

Beaten up 182
I would do, it's handy especially if it's your daily. Sometimes it's nice to take the edge off, especially in the winter. Will the Clio injectors flow enough to deliver 250bhp?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The kit comes with bigger injectors iirc.

One of the better boost solenoids is the Sierra Cosworth amal valve imo.

Depending how the boost comes in and how big the peak is on the torque curve you might not need to do anything.

HBT 172 Cup
Wouldnt bother by adding the complication of a boost controller for an extra PSI or 2. Just get a better T3 sized actuator if you havent already and wind a coupe of extra turns of preload on the turnbuckle arm. You'll mantain the boost you want, and it will hold it.