ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost Gauge?!?!?!?!

Hi all

I've just recently bought a boost gauge but am unsure on where to connect the vacuum hose too? I have a Dci 65 if that helps but i've tried connecting it to the pipe on the U-Bend that connects to the airbox but it sucks air rather than blows?

Any help would be appreciated especially photos :D

Thanks

172 cup, Impreza P1
Needs to be on the pressure side so after the turbo. Anywhere on the inlet manifold that there is a pipe coming off it you can cut a t piece in. I would avoid the brake servo line though as if you get a leak you don't want to lose your brakes.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Come off the vac line to the wastegate actuator as this will be fed from the inlet. Try an get as close to the inlet as possible though rather than at the actuator.

Why have boost gauge? Because turbo car (N/A boys just don't understand)

Trophy Turbo :)
Come off the vac line to the wastegate actuator as this will be fed from the inlet. Try an get as close to the inlet as possible though rather than at the actuator.

Here here diamond

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

don't get me wrong i do get it, but we are talking about a 1.5dci here :quiet:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I love mine in the Slaguna... It changes from white to red when I'm close to peak boost and even the Missus wants to shag me when it happens (it's that good) LoLz

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will still be running boost though which is what a boost gauge measures.

My Laguna recently hasn't been pulling as well as it does normally but I took it to see Paul at RS Tuning for its remap regardless and en route noticed peak boost was down and it struggled to hold a decent level but thought nothing of it until it ran up on the dyno... Then we noticed the power/torque dropped off a proverbial cliff at 3.5k so investigation required:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348429616.274394.jpg

The words "b****cks" instantly appeared out of my mouth and luckily Renparts are breaking a Laguna Turbo at the minute and Kat saved my ass!

New pipe, massive smile on my face again and the car pulls like a train once more. What I'm saying is that even though every chav in a boosted car has one (AndyRG) they also perform a basic but vital diagnostic function to no matter how much power you are running.

Mick

340i
I want a bootst gauge like Mick's... He promised it to me, then decided to keep the car :( inconsiderate cnut.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Want me to make you one? It's a Maplins shopping cart special ;)

I'm actually wanting to improve on it this time and add a secondary display adding boost temp, coolant and air temp (numerical) peak vs actual.

340i
Want me to make you one? It's a Maplins shopping cart special ;)

I'm actually wanting to improve on it this time and add a secondary display adding boost temp, coolant and air temp (numerical) peak vs actual.

Yes please.

in exchange I can cross your palm with 43p, bag of Nik Naks, Chomp bar and a wrigleys chewing gum?

SRS.. let me know the costings, if its cheaper than a Scan gauge I am game.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
!!Off topic Alert!!

Seriously Kieran...

I've been thinking for a while about pushing some products in the new year, one of which is a range of Renault specific "race meters" (After seeing James's car at Fred's I'm keen to do more bespoke wiring installs for track cars to). I am looking into a bespoke Renault package that can run some mode7 ECU data from a standard setup as well as some specific inputs (such as boost, G-Sensors).

I will be needing some guinea pigs/demo vehicles so I'm sure I can think of an R26 to use ;-)

Mick

340i
!!Off topic Alert!!

Seriously Kieran...

I've been thinking for a while about pushing some products in the new year, one of which is a range of Renault specific "race meters" (After seeing James's car at Fred's I'm keen to do more bespoke wiring installs for track cars to). I am looking into a bespoke Renault package that can run some mode7 ECU data from a standard setup as well as some specific inputs (such as boost, G-Sensors).

I will be needing some guinea pigs/demo vehicles so I'm sure I can think of an R26 to use ;-)

Mick

In.

just tell me what, where and when.

Saturday breakfast club (tinkering with s**t and breaking Dave's car) is on once again.