ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Lid

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Just a quick question, on a mk2 ph2 is the boot lid supposed to push itself up after you lift it past half way?

Reason i ask is you have to push mine all the way up, once its open it stays open, but it doesnt feel like there is any help from the struts, i even bought another pair of struts to see if it made it any better but it hasnt.

Cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Mine is similar - have to push it open 3/4 of the way up then it will do the last bit on its own.

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Hmm maybe thats just how it is then, the boot on my Citroen nearly opens itself, maybe the Clio boot is heavier i guess.

Thanks for confirming its not just mine :)

2000 Clio
Mine also has to be opened the whole way but once up stays up fine.

Hmm maybe thats just how it is then, the boot on my Citroen nearly opens itself, maybe the Clio boot is heavier i guess.

Thanks for confirming its not just mine :smile:

Funny you say that, the boot lid on my old saxo used to fly open! . really handy when you'r hands are full.

Last edited: