ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot lock

BMW 318CI SPORT, Clio DCI
Hi guys, brand new to the forum as Ive just bought my first Clio. I have a 2002 (52 reg) Clio 1.5DCI Dynamique. I didnt notice when I went to buy the car but have now noticed the boot doesnt lock when the rest of the car does. Any comments welcome.

Can I replace the solenoid or need to do the whole lock? How can I diagnose the problem? Without trial and error (if poss)

www.renparts.co.uk
put a multimeter on the connector going into it, but it is common, it comes as a complete locking unit, we supply them at 16.50 delivered.

Then I might as well just get one, I cant see it being anything else. How can I go about purchasing one?

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
remove the panel from the boot then when you lock/unlock the car see if the motor attempts to move.
To manually lock the boot pull down on the metal rod then retry to unlock your car, I found the motor started to glow and smoke when trying to lock/unlock. Got a second hand lock off here and replaced the motor, job done and avoided a small electrical fire in the process.

Right, just went down to the scrappys and found a lock and got it changed... all working up to parr now... Thanks guys!