ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Won't Stay Open

2004 AB 182
Hi guys, I have done a search and found one thread about this but it doesn't help too much. Basically my boot lid won't stay open when I open it up. I understand I need Gas Struts. But I do not have a clue what these are. I have looked on GSF but don't know which ones I would need.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would b much appreciated.

Thanks.

RB FF 182
Give your local renault dealer a call, I can't imagine they'd be to expensive. It's like a little hydraulic arm. I'm not sure if there are one or two...

Westy. MX5
Take one off and go to GSF, ECP or main dealer and show it to them, they'll match it up with the same. They are interchangeable with other cars so don't assume it has to be a Renault one.

Da

Less
They are only £30 or so each from Renault. I bought some a few months back, I have the PN somewhere if you need it?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
get some from a scrappers, fack spending £60 quid on a pair!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
seriously WTF with this thread,

its pretty obvious what is holding the boot open,
if yours are fubared, get it off any way possible and learn how they come on and off,

head to a local scrappy, get 2 off properly,
pop them on,

job done in about 2hours?!

two hours??

Ten minute job, if that - unclip struts, take off, put new struts on, put clips on.

I was in the same situation a while back, and bought a set of struts from ebay for peanuts, didn't pay more that £20 for the pair I don't think.

2004 AB 182
Ok thanks guys, I didn't know if it was the whole arm that needed to come off or just a part of it. Also the link for ebay will they be the same as the 182??

Ph1 ITB'd 172
yeah standard clio ones are exactly the same you dont get sporty boot struts on the 182 unfortunatly!

Westy. MX5
Seriously? In 5 years of clio ownership I've never had a knackard strut, so why are ones in a scrappie likely to be no good?

Cause everytime I buy something 2nd. hand it is knackered, and usually buying new the price difference is minimal. I must be unlucky.