ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bore on a Scorpion Exhaust

Ph2 Flamer
Have read on here and been told that 2.5" is the ideal diameter for the exhaust pipe. Have seen a decent looking scorpion system 2nd hand for not much and was thinking about buying it, but looking at the Scorpion site the pipe is 2.125". Is this going to 'strangle' the power noticeably? I can't find anyone slagging scorpion exhausts off on here so assume they must be fairly decent for the money.

I've got a 2.25" powerflow piece of junk on the car currently which isn't in great condition and only use the car (172 ph2) as a daily driver.

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/product-details.html?autoid=344

Clio 172 phase 1
scorpion exhausts are good they build the saxsport and pusport group n exhaust a system witch i cant rate highly enough. the build and fit were perfect. i dont know how loud it would be though but itll deffo be better than powerflow s**t

Rob had a custom power flow on his old 172 and it was lovely. Sounded just right. In all honesty I think the general consensus is that unless you're going for big power the exhaust won't be to restrictive. 2.5 will typically be louder than 2.25 though. So the placebo effect may be greater.

Ph2 Flamer
Ahh well this Scorpion is 2.125 so a bit narrower than my powerflow. Have had Charlie @ Prospeed look at the powerflow when he sorted out some mounts and the manifold kit and he swore when he walked under the car, called the mounts 'an abortion' and said the exhaust is s**t and has had to weld up a number of bits.

Good to hear the Scorpions are decent build quality, anything beats this current exhaust falling off (nice noise to be fair but loud on the motorway) and i just can't justify a yozza or similar due to trying to move house at the moment. As long as the pretty minimal decrease in bore isn't going to be noticable I think i'll give it a bash.

Clio 172 phase 1
charlie @ prospeed is a legend lmao he described my mates exhaust he was building as a 10yr old girls wet dream absolute legend lol you wont notice a power loss and the scorpion build quality is good for the money. ive got an oreca group n system and the build quality is crap on that