ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought some new ugly cheap ass Rotas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  chumpmobile
what the f**k does it matter? gaz has bought real wheels, whoop de woop - they look good so get them on your car. if someone has got fake wheels then put stickers on them well that's their problem when everyone laughs at them for being a f**ktard.

this is a competition. a manufacturer makes a product, they sell that. in order for a different manufacturer to sell the product that the are bringing out, there must be something that sells it over the other offerings. in this case it is the price of the cheap wheels

I'm still waiting for a justified excuse for the cynical copying of pretty much every high end forged Japanese wheel. Rather than them making an honest business out of a budget wheel of their own design and building a business off the back of either their aesthetics or as a solid well made budget wheel.

While they may not wear the branding you get on a Chinese copy Rolex that Malice used as an example it's glaringly obvious they directly copy the real thing in order to generate business, especially from those who will buy with the intent of putting volk/rays/rega etc stickers on them.

See this is what grinds my gears on here and various other forums... Tbh I couldnt give a flying f**k about the copying side of it, the set I owned served the purpose at hand. They weren't bought to be scene or to look good, I got mine as they were one of the lighter wheels you can get without spending near on a £1000 for a set of 15" wheels like say some OZ Ultrleggeras.

These Rotas seem to have this reputation for being soft and bending easily, every picture that people have put up from Rotas cracking have been through the drivers own mistakes i.e. Smashing them into curbs, most wheels will do that unless you spend thousands on forged wheels etc etc.

Mine had 3 sets of tyres put onto them, ran over reasonable sized curbs on track whilst being driven hard they always were straight. So this soft wheel story in my mind is b****cks...

But dont get me wrong, I still wouldnt buy fake splits and replica wheels IF I had a 'scene' car or one for looks.

Before

rota0ni9jv6.jpg

After

rotayu3at4.jpg

No kerbs/potholes...

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Jeeeez! ^

I personally think Rotas LOOK ok, but i'd never buy a set.
Keeping a look out for some Enkei wheels for mine atm.

Before

rota0ni9jv6.jpg

After

rotayu3at4.jpg

No kerbs/potholes...

Okay, so how olds that picture?

Do you think that maybe that was an old batch/poor form of wheels and they now have resolved that problem? As before I asked Rare Rims about the Rotas I bought off them and they stated that if they ever saw that then replacements would be given no questions. The chap said he's heard of these stories but has yet to have an example like that, and his words were... "I've probably sold over 30,000 wheels now to date."

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have fake BBS CH's. I love them. My car would still be on the old wheels if i had to pay £1k+ for them. The end.

Bloke who sells Rota's reassures potential customer that they aren't pap. Shocking revelation that. As for the age of the pic offhand I remember seeing that story a year or two ago.

In fairness I'm not in a habit of keeping tabs on various threads about rota quality given I have no interest in buying any of their products. That said I've seen plenty of pics on various threads about wheels showing various failures.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That Rota pic is awesome tbh. I cant beleive it.

As turkish says though, of course RR are going to stand up for there main selling product.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When I hit a bus in the MX-5 my little Rota GT3 took the impact and lived. Killed the drive shaft though.

Yes they are cheaper etc etc but for road use they are fine. Which is where 99% of them spend there time.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When I hit a bus in the MX-5 my little Rota GT3 took the impact and lived. Killed the drive shaft though.

Yes they are cheaper etc etc but for road use they are fine. Which is where 99% of them spend there time.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I like the wheels and personally wouldnt put replica's anywhere near my m3 but most people dont want to spend 3500 on wheels for a 2k Honda

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
TBH you're best off not using any wheels...

Broken TE37:

bend2.jpg

Broken CR-KAI's:

motivator7896604pr6.jpg

Broken Advans:

368517823.jpg

Broken RPF1's:

368517825.jpg

Really I do not understand why this topic is still up. Everyone buy what they want. If they have money they buy the original, if not they buy fakes.

This is the kind of topic that does not take anywhere, there will be always who say that "mines broken, never bought again that sh**..." or "Mines fine after an accident/impact/whatever..."

Problems with products happens with cheap products and with expensive ones. It's impossible to make 2 items totally equal in every aspect.

The main meaning of this topic If I had understand it was to show the new wheels from some user, and now is getting in a non sense war between members. Quality costs money, simply!

End of topic, NEXT!!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Well done for that post. Proving precisely f*ck all.

I love the way everyone thinks it proves their argument.

Gotta love this place.

Rota pics 15 mph running over a squirrel/hedgehog.

Forged rim pics = 60 mph + hitting a kerb then barrel rolling into a ditch/tree/wall.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Precisely.

They're toss. Cheaply made, fake toss.

Anyway, Gaz bought the real deal. So he's safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.