ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided fuel lines

Clio 172 + megane 25
I'm starting to put the fuel lines into my rally car and am looking some advice! Are you safer going for the rubber braided lines or Teflon lines!

Also pictures of other people's setups would be greatly appreciated of inside of car (if running fuel lines inside of the car) and engine bay! As need ideas of to what way to plumb it all in good and tidy!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Go for Teflon lines, rubber ones can let fuel vapor into the cabin when they get a bit old.

Run the lines down the middle of the car, i have seen quite a few cars with it running down the sill which IMO is pretty silly. All it takes if an impact on the sill on crush the line rendering your fuel supply useless, or even worse in a big smash the line gets torn spraying you in fuel!

Yep agree on the position.

I run rubber lines, as I run hose finishers at the ends of the pipes so a bit easier to crush and get a good seal.

I havent noticed any smell as of yet, but they're still fresh but they wont be in there long enough to get old :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clio 172 + megane 25
Think I'm going to run the Teflon lines I've seen quite a few complaints of the rubber lines letting out alloy of vapour and complaining of fuel smell!

Where would be the best place to get the Teflon lines and some fittings?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I run a teflon line from the tatus fuel rail to the pump. Had a rubber one previous but was letting out dangerous amounts of vapour in the cabin.

Mines runs down the sill just now, idealy ill relocate it at somepoint. The cup racers ran it down there though i think.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I run a teflon line from the tatus fuel rail to the pump. Had a rubber one previous but was letting out dangerous amounts of vapour in the cabin.

Mines runs down the sill just now, idealy ill relocate it at somepoint. The cup racers ran it down there though i think.

Yeah they did, first thing i moved on mine. Wouldn't be that bothered on a circuit car but in rallying the chances of hitting something side on that is narrow and hard are very high.

225 powered mk2
6AN Teflon lines all the way mate, itswhat I run, never had a problem with them, just remember the AN fittings are slightly different for telfon lines.