ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake options

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to change the front brakes on my 182. The previous owner fitted brembo max grooved disks with ebc red pads which dont seem to be up to much. and also seem quite noisy.
The car is a toy and not a daily so when it does go out it gets driven quite hard. im also hoping to do quite a few track days next year + nurburgring trip/trips.

Im thinking brembo high carbons will be the best discs but its pads that im not sure about. Ran cl rc5+ on my megane and was quite happy with them. are they any good on the clio? or would ds2500s be better? Also ds3000s to much for my needs?

Or any other suggestions? Dont mind paying good money if they will work well and last well.

Thanks

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Last couple of trackdays I used pagid blacks (RS 14). Really good with minimal dust-what dust there was wiped off if you have paint/wheel ocd...

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
My setup is RC5+, Brembo HC discs, ATE Super Blue fluid, normal lines, and some big ol' ducts - zero fade, lots of power, very happy.

So I would say you're definitely along the right lines!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not against brake dust! I'm not super ocd with wheels etc. But had some cl rc5 the non plus ones on my old Lupo and the brake dust ruined the wheels completely so much that they went rusty when wet. and I don't really want this tbh. Found the rc5+ a lot less dusty on the megane

500 Twinair
HC disc, DS2500 pads, lines and fluid work well, mine from cold were not good, needs a little warm up.