ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pads for 197?

Glanza V
hi all, well im in desparate need for some new brake pads (all round) and was just woundering if any1 had any recomendations? i have a standard 197 brake setup etc, brembos and original disks.

thanks in advance . oh and price:eek:

mark,

Glanza V
i have steped up my search and have phoned a motor factors i have sourced apec front pads for 17.99 and the same for the rear but 15.99 any1 heard of these am a bit :S also renault want over 300 pound wich was a blatent laugh!

Lionel Richie
i have steped up my search and have phoned a motor factors i have sourced apec front pads for 17.99 and the same for the rear but 15.99 any1 heard of these am a bit :S also renault want over 300 pound wich was a blatent laugh!

its a pretty quick motor and your even contemplating using £17.99 pads?

DS2500's are a good upgrade

but for stock oe renault parts i'm £75 for the front pads (pin kit is an additional £26)
rears are £37

all prices + vat + delivery

no idea where renault got £300 from!

Last edited:
  Glanza V
:D thanks for that also pin kit? sorry im in no way mechanically minded

and also renault is mainly vat + bulls**t + more vat so a wasnt suprised with 300 even said to the guy thats theres no way am paying that!

Just to add flame to the fire..................I once had no choice but to put Apec pads on my 350bhp Impreza before a very "spirited" driving weekend. I was suprised how well they coped TBH. They did get a bit warm though and went in the bin in favour of some Mintex pads the week after as I didn't trust them for Donnington!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'd be tempted to stay with stock kit.
I have never had any probs inc Donington GP which is a killer for brakes.
The brakes are awesome as standard, unlike the 182 etc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You won't void the warranty by using third party brake pads.. as long as they are decent to at least manufacturer standard.

But it's nice to keep things OE.

mk7 fiesta zs
yeh iv decide to stick with stock for the warranty

the warranty isn't affected by fitting pads that have ferodo stamped on the back for example rather than renault. its the same stuff in different boxes anyway - all parts from dealers is made by third parties so they aren't 'genuine' at all