ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes...again

clio 182
I'm looking for opinions from people who use there cars solely for track/competition use.

My 182 is a track car and hopefully going to do some sprints next year so I need some good brakes and everything that comes up on search is ds2500 and brembo hc's!

I no its a good setup but is it the best for my requirments? Wat is everyone using?

Are ds2500 and brembo's the ultimate setup really bar going 4 pots which I don't want to do!?

Peoples experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jap Shed
i had ds2500 front pads decent fluid and the rest of the system was STD. All the TD's i did i could not make them fade, and i drive like a loon.
if you can afford it get 4 pots you wont regret it....overkill but hey!

Im getting 1k's worth of Spoon callipers for mine - pretty blue!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Ds2500's and brembo HC's are the best, no question. There's a reason why there's no mention of any other set ups....

clio 182
Ds2500's and brembo HC's are the best, no question. There's a reason why there's no mention of any other set ups....

Do you use this set up? And have you tried any other set ups? I have read carbon lorai es are bloody good?

And just to state again, this is for track/competition not road use.

Those are only the pads that I have read are the best for track use from this forum. HC discs should be good enough.

For example, Jay and Tony from Burpspeed use PF97s and HCs in their race car. They say the stopping power is very impressive, but if anything the brakes lack a bit of feel, if you know what i mean ;)

clio 182
Yea just done a search now, looks like cl's will be the choice, only downside is severe dust and squeel but the car is for go not show so that doesn't worry me!

Thanks for your help!