ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes have no urgency to stop?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I'm having a problem with my brakes again

They seem to have no bite like they used to, I have to push the pedal right to the floor to get them to work properly, then it just sort of rolls to a stop

I did a test at night when stationary and I can push the pedal down nearly the full way before my brake lights actually show

Ive had my pads and disks changed all the way round but as far as I know the brakes weren't bled after could this solve it?

Was quite scary on a single carridge way when they dont seem to want to slow you down

The cars a 54 1.6 with rear disks

Any ideas are appreciated
Cheers everyone :)

172 cup- suzu rf600r
hey sounds to me like you need to bleed those brakes, if nothing else its a good/easy starting point.

the brake lights are not affected by the braking system so the problem is unrelated, the lights work off a switch/plunger thing that sits on top of the brake pedal, theres a guide on here on how to adjust it's super easy :cool:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
bleed brakes, probably weren't done when discs and pads where changed as its not standard practice. if the garage did it a bit carelessly then they may have caused air to get into the lines, or could of happened on its own.

but yeah bleed the brakes, then adjust your brake light as above there is a guide for it.