ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff.

What's up with it now?! Lol

The brakes need sorting. Steering rack still catches the pedal when it's down. Too much heat entering the cabin from the exhaust. Something is ticking when I'm moving. Doesn't fill me with confidence going fast. Slight blow in the exhaust.

Sounds awesome though lol

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
There's not much to pm about atm mate. They will be being made from alloy T7076 I think, can't remember off the top of my head though. The grade we are going to use is as strong as steel though, but obviously lighter. Another bonus is that they'll work with a wide range of calipers that share the 130mm spacing, so ap, Alcon, Porsche brembos etc will also fit. Can't comment on the discs though, but it's a piece of piss to work out bell offset and rotor sizes.
They'll be suitable for a 300mm disc, or a 295mm bell and rotor setup (that I'm going for) with a bit of machining to the caliper. I'm going for a weight reduction with the added benefit of wheel weight clearance you see.

Lol! Can't rush perfection mate! And your thread has been a bit quiet of late as well!

Interesting Mark, been thinking about this one for a while!! Another one for after its running though!! Just text you and then realised your still on holiday!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The brakes need sorting. Steering rack still catches the pedal when it's down. Too much heat entering the cabin from the exhaust. Something is ticking when I'm moving. Doesn't fill me with confidence going fast. Slight blow in the exhaust.

Sounds awesome though lol
So it's only a days work then at most to get those niggles sorted mate!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
There's not much to pm about atm mate. They will be being made from alloy T7076 I think, can't remember off the top of my head though. The grade we are going to use is as strong as steel though, but obviously lighter. Another bonus is that they'll work with a wide range of calipers that share the 130mm spacing, so ap, Alcon, Porsche brembos etc will also fit. Can't comment on the discs though, but it's a piece of piss to work out bell offset and rotor sizes.
They'll be suitable for a 300mm disc, or a 295mm bell and rotor setup (that I'm going for) with a bit of machining to the caliper. I'm going for a weight reduction with the added benefit of wheel weight clearance you see.

Lol! Can't rush perfection mate! And your thread has been a bit quiet of late as well!
It'll be 7075-T6. I favour 7010 or 7050, little bit better than 7075 but tbh 7075 is more than up to the job.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
75 years ago some extremely brave and courageous men took to the air to defend the UK skies. Never forget them folks.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just likes for this please. :up:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so not much to update really as I can't be arsed after I've come back off my holidays. Maybe next week!
Here's a pic just for fellow wiring pervert @Russ_16v
image.jpg
This just needs the raychem over the top and new terminals crimping on for the ecu plug. Doesn't sound much, but it's still a good few hours of work.
Ordered the gear oil when I was on holiday. This arrived on Tuesday. Redline mtl. Worked wonders in my stressed straight cut quaife gear kit vaux box, so this will do for the Cadbury jc5. Just to put into perspective why I think it's so good, the vaux box was an f20 designed for not much more than 200lb/ft of torque. I doubled this with 400+hp and more than 400lb/ft and when the box was stripped for inspection after a hard 3k of use, zero wear or damage. The box covered over 7k with me in its lifetime and guess what, when stripped for the new owner to inspect it, zero damage or wear!!
image.jpg
And finally for today, I've picked up these with thanks to @not normal dan. Much cheapness.
image.jpg
Condition wise they need a refurb and some dust covers for the pistons, but they're getting bead blasted after they've been machined. Make the most of it, because this is the last time you'll see them looking like this. :up: They won't be red either. Or green. :wink:

More to come! Possibly next week. Lol

Nw mate
Being as your not sticking to your colour scheme it could be any colour, so i will say black.

53 Clio's & counting
Ok so not much to update really as I can't be arsed after I've come back off my holidays. Maybe next week!
Here's a pic just for fellow wiring pervert @Russ_16v View attachment 136552This just needs the raychem over the top and new terminals crimping on for the ecu plug. Doesn't sound much, but it's still a good few hours of work.
Ordered the gear oil when I was on holiday. This arrived on Tuesday. Redline mtl. Worked wonders in my stressed straight cut quaife gear kit vaux box, so this will do for the Cadbury jc5. Just to put into perspective why I think it's so good, the vaux box was an f20 designed for not much more than 200lb/ft of torque. I doubled this with 400+hp and more than 400lb/ft and when the box was stripped for inspection after a hard 3k of use, zero wear or damage. The box covered over 7k with me in its lifetime and guess what, when stripped for the new owner to inspect it, zero damage or wear!!View attachment 136553And finally for today, I've picked up these with thanks to @not normal dan. Much cheapness. View attachment 136554Condition wise they need a refurb and some dust covers for the pistons, but they're getting bead blasted after they've been machined. Make the most of it, because this is the last time you'll see them looking like this. :up: They won't be red either. Or green. :wink:

More to come! Possibly next week. Lol

Sorry for the late reply mate, got married over the weekend so haven't been near the laptop!

Ooh looking good! wiring is coming along nicely! Boring fact for you, my Dad worked for Raychem for years and helped design one of the machines that made the heat shrinkable plastic wiring sleeves :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry for the late reply mate, got married over the weekend so haven't been near the laptop!

Ooh looking good! wiring is coming along nicely! Boring fact for you, my Dad worked for Raychem for years and helped design one of the machines that made the heat shrinkable plastic wiring sleeves :smile:
No worries mate, and congratulations on the marriage!
Wiring would be coming along better if I could be arsed to go in the garage. Lol!

How cool is that about your dad! Kudos mate!

53 Clio's & counting
No worries mate, and congratulations on the marriage!
Wiring would be coming along better if I could be arsed to go in the garage. Lol!

How cool is that about your dad! Kudos mate!

Cheers matey!

Yeah he got me loads of heat shrink etc, need to find out where that all is actually!