ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Breather mods

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Hi guys, i know these questions have been asked a lot, i have done some research on the forum though. The mk1 172 will be finished soon, and want to get the breather mods all done as soon as i can.

Currently, the car has a open cone K&N induction kit and a 172 manifold with a decat.

What i need to know is:

1) Indution - Whats the difference between a 172 box and a V6 box? and was planning to use a ITG filter. Either this, or buy a BMC CDA induction kit which costs more.

2) Matched Inlets - Who to get them done by? (live in newcastle) Was thinking K-tec and then get a live remap done too.

3) Exhaust - Currently, there is a crack in the pipe just after the decat so need a new one made, probably will use AAS to make a new one. Worth getting a 4-2-1 manifold made? doesnt look like a 182 manifold will fit with the mk1 shell.

Cheers guys, any help would be appreciated

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
1) Personally im unsure on the Gains to be had on the V6 box, Our PH1 used to run best with a open filter before we but the ITBs on.
Do you have the Old cylinder shaped 172 airbox or the newer cude shaped one?

2) Id use Angleworks for Matched inlets, I know some have had bad experience with angleworks. But the cars ive seen with angleworks inlets have always produced good results.
Remap, Live map from Paul at RStuning. Leeds.

3) Not sure on the gains to be had on the 4-2-1 over the 4-1, we will be doing some testing with them once our new engine is built.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
I haven't got a box at all atm :( Just wondering if it was best to use a 172 one or a V6 one. I'll be using a cold air feed from the headlight so i think in terms of size, a 172 one will be better with a pair of smaller wholes?

Cheers for that mate, will look into it some more :D

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Savi the air boxes are the same IIRC but the 172 1 has 2 air feeds the v6 has 1 big 1. I'd go for the v6 1. Espaces had the same 1 so can find them in salvage yards, I'm gonna search for 1 soon or 60 quid from Renault, without filter of course bit get a ITG in there and a good air feed.