ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo max groove discs

clio 172 mk2
anyone ever used em or has em on their ride how does it stand against OEM any difference pros and cons...open discussion hehe

Burgandy 174 sport t
They look good too!!

Attachments

• DSC00579.JPG
    DSC00579.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 127
  80MPG BEEZA
i have them and f*ck me are they good, i got braided hoses,ferodo pads and dot 5 fluid and they braking power is immense took my mate out who owns a 1.2 and he said "i though the car was gonna do an endo*

well worth the cash

Clio 172 mk2
Newver tried these but I may put a set on the car when my OE discs bite the dust.

I hope they are better than the EBC turbogrooves....now they were c**p, made the braking worse!

K20 EG Hatch
i have these with ebc greenstuff pads, cant tell the difference over standard tbh. Might go for braided hoses soon and see if that makes the difference.

172 Cup SOLD
i really like the look of these too, but was worried they may chew up my red stuff pads very quickly....would this be the case??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
IMHO you'd be better off with stock brembos.

Max discs are noisy and a bit gay.

Clio 172 mk2
i have these with ebc greenstuff pads, cant tell the difference over standard tbh. Might go for braided hoses soon and see if that makes the difference.

You'll notice the difference...it's a very good modification to do.

Clio 182
Brilliant disc's! I have these with mintex pads, they are a bit noisy in traffic etc but on track they are awesome...survived well over 100 laps of brands with NO fade at all!

K20 EG Hatch
Mine fade quite quickly with these but as said, could be my fluid and hoses?

As soon as i got some cash i will be changing for braided hoses and better fluid.

Burgandy 174 sport t
whole day at cadwell with this set up and The braking never changed a bit infact it got better lol"!!

clio 172 mk2
sweet cause im considering ordering down a pair from eu to trinidad to put on mine so glad to see such good reviews on em i think i will get a pair with some braided hoses and street pads should make for a very noticable improvement since i highly value my stopping power ;)

80MPG BEEZA
if your gonna get thiese discs just buy a full setup with discs,pads lines and fluid i did so it was less hassle and i new the brakes were sorted, you wont believe the extra stopping power it just feels more responsive and slows you down with less hassle, like say i'm doing 60mph on the motorway and need to come to a halt it just slows you down so much quicker without even trying its good to have that there

as said, after several days at the Nurburgring the grooves nearly vanished!

best off with the standard Brembo discs imo.

clio 172 mk2
hmm interesting opinions some people like em and some dont i guess it depends on what they are used for and the situations that will merit if they are worthwhile or not but i guess i can make the leap for me to at least give em a shot i doubt i would be unsatisfied even if they wear quickly lol