ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broquet Fuel Catalyst

Hes talking about this - http://www.broquet.co.uk/Broquet

Seems to be a simple fuel catalyst which is made up partially of tin which has a good affect on the fuel is coes into contact with, and very plausable and well used item by all accounts, lots of people using it, esp. for classic cars so they car run on unleaded esp. when there is no convertion for the engine to be able to run on unleaded as standard.

if it does what it say on the tin (lol) then it seems like a good product.... been around for a long time now, and still going strong with lots of positive feedback.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

oh right thats what it is,didnt recognise it from the name. Ive heard about people using them before and never heard any bad reports. Sounds an easier idea then having to keep putting additives in the tank every time you fill up with fuel. Some cars where converting to unleaded isnt possible or very expensive then this seems a good idea.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i doubt it would gain you any power i cant see how it would,but its main function is to allow leaded running engines to run on unleaded fuel which it does do. As a performance add on then no it aint worth it.

I still dont see how it makes the engine unleaded compatable.

My dads been using it, but the valve seats still went (its an alloy head with inserts, but the inserts arent tough enough as std).

He now runs an additive.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Isnt it like a cartridge that releases something into the petrol as it flows through it. Im sure they have a set service life as well (change the unit or fit a new cartridge inside it after a set period etc).

dunno, it was a plug made of mesh wire filled with tin pellets....

Some sort of reaction, or its a catalyst or something, never looked into it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

The name would suggest a chemical reaction but i cant think what it could do (other than adding something to the petrol) that would cause the petrol to change and be okay to run through leaded running engines.