ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brucey82 and Me on track at Brands Hatch.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Our 1st track Day on the Novice Session last thursday, Luckly the weather held out and it was sunny all afternoon.

Had a Great day, You really have no idea what your car is capable of until you get it on the track, i have so much more respect for my little Cup now, It held its own on track passing Porsches / BMW M3's / Civic Type R's etc.

Killed My ditch finder front tyres though, They had the texture of Bubble Gum when i finished and some nice big Blisters!

Anyway Here are a few pictures of My Silver 172 Cup and Bruceys Trophy, Have to say Very Little TBH in the cup and the Trophy on track :D

ce0fb2b0.jpg

78e67229.jpg

a65c918b.jpg

2955f079.jpg

78dc1f12.jpg

22a0a3a8.jpg

b160ba43.jpg

e7cedda7.jpg

d32ac130.jpg

61fdc874.jpg

b00c4da1.jpg

51e94bc9.jpg

f471b484.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yes 1st time out for both of us!

Was bricking it to start with, but soon got over that and started passing a few cars.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Always look good on the track:)

I see the 'Wear Long Sleve's' rule was as lapse as usual ;)

Yeah, Said anyone in a "Saloon car" could have windows down an inch or 2 and wear a T-Shirt, the long sleeves rule only applied to open top cars.

The bloke was saying you can even have yout Tunes on while your driving round... Sod that i was concentrating to much.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Always look good on the track:)

I see the 'Wear Long Sleve's' rule was as lapse as usual ;)

Yeah, Said anyone in a "Saloon car" could have windows down an inch or 2 and wear a T-Shirt, the long sleeves rule only applied to open top cars.

The bloke was saying you can even have yout Tunes on while your driving round... Sod that i was concentrating to much.
Remember a few years ago doing my last quick lap of the day at bedford, stereo clicks itself on, quite surprising when you're just about to enter the chicane and "I should be so lucky" blares out. Was the radio, think that needs pointing out.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
^ Stig Style. Love it.

I Remember having Chris Rea's Auberge on whilst lapping brands lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm planning an 80's cheese playlist for my last few laps in a few weeks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good pics, you can see the relative softness of the cup compared to the Trophy.

M2 Competition
Overtaking with a bit of linkin park on is always a good call :D

Great pics mate. Been bitten by the bug now?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Overtaking with a bit of linkin park on is always a good call :D

Great pics mate. Been bitten by the bug now?

Most definatly...

Need to do a few bits to the car to make it a bit better, Brakes (Although they were perfoming much better than not other cars on the track, I found without the ABS I could brake much later than those with ABS).

Tyres Most definatly need doing and i need the Strut tops repalcing with Solids as the creaking and banging was doing my head in.

The Trophy May well have been a bit stiffer but there really was nothing in it at all, Paddock Hill bend we were both carrying around 60-65mph through the corner and down on to the straight, and through Surtees up to the turn in on to Maclaren 80mph, TBH this is where both cars showed up some of the bigger cars like the CaymenS and the M3's (Didnt get a chance to go out in the Trophy as we all wanted to drive as much as poss rather than passenger rides, so next day we do will be open pit lane hopefully so we can all get out in each others cars)

Trophy 182
Yeah was an awesome day, And have been biten now. Want to book the next one, but a few bits on the car need doing.

The trophy was unbelievable round the track. I had so much confidence in it at the end of the day. Shame we couldnt overtake round bends as thats where the car was alot faster than others.

Definitely doing an open pit day next.