ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget Coilovers

Clio mk2
Looking for a set of coilovers for my mk2 1.2, but the cheapest set I can find on eBay are £245, which is pretty pricey considering the car etc. However I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong places? Has anyone recently purchased, or know of anywhere selling the cheap rokkor/raceland type coilovers? Thanks, Seamus

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Rokkor/raceland coilovers aren't designed for clios. They're adapted from other designs. And not adapted well. Weren't even good on the intended models.

I wouldn't say there is a good cheap coilover option. £350 is the cheapest I'd ever go. Only go cheap if you literally just want the lows.

Clio mk2
Rokkor/raceland coilovers aren't designed for clios. They're adapted from other designs. And not adapted well. Weren't even good on the intended models.

I wouldn't say there is a good cheap coilover option. £350 is the cheapest I'd ever go. Only go cheap if you literally just want the lows.
Yeah to be fair all I want it for is the looks, it's only a 1.2 so there's not a great ride to ruin anyway! Thanks for replying anyway though

Clio 2.0 16v 182
In that case lowering springs are much more cost effective. Reliable too. Unless you need more than a 60mm drop

Clio mk2
In that case lowering springs are much more cost effective. Reliable too. Unless you need more than a 60mm drop
I've got 40mm springs all round atm as I used to have 17s on the car (stupid, i know). I've got 15s now so I want to drop about 60-70 on the rear and 70-80 on the front, which I would need uprated shocks anyway...looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet for the coilovers

Clio 2.0 16v 182
A decent set of 17s wouldn't look bad. I always thought the 16inch max rule was pedantic and ridiculous. As above, I'd stick to 70mm at the front. Any lower and you'll be struggling not to find a ditch.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Wheel Weight, hence inertia, is a critical factor in braking, and particularly on low powered cars, accelaration. Ruin those parameters at your peril.