ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUDGET ek civic build...

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Yes a fourth car and second project for me... Basically i'm really not looking forward to driving a 525i or my bug in the snow soo... With a tiny budget i found this

2000 Civic EK hatch 1.4 (yes i know...)

Wasnt expecting much from this, but it was local and for £300 i couldnt complain

Untitledss.jpg

Going for a JDM look so decided to ignor the front for a second and sort out the rear end.

After day one: Painted black honda badge, 3x badges removed, 1x Tropica sticker removed, Colour coded number plate surround, de-wipered and spoiler tilted...

IMAG0012.jpg

Day two, didnt have long - Jap style converted tail lights

IMAG0015.jpg

Day three, removed the front end and Colour coded side strips...

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Day four, refitted front end and also painted the insides of the headlights EK9 stylee...

IMAG0023.jpg

Total spend so far: £315

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Well i need an EK facelift 99-00 bonnet, one i bought was listed wrongly :/

Need to find some suitable wheels 15 or 16's, have ordered some tastey parts from the states but i'm still on the look out for some coilovers and a jap can :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it'll be a fun project.

The side strips are so far out of colour a blind man would slap you though. ;)

M135i
Well i need an EK facelift 99-00 bonnet, one i bought was listed wrongly :/

Need to find some suitable wheels 15 or 16's, have ordered some tastey parts from the states but i'm still on the look out for some coilovers and a jap can :p

I thought it was meant to be a budget build?! ;)

Looks good either way, good work on the rear especially.

Look forward to see how it progresses and I bet it quickly become quite awesome..... but no longer a budget build!

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Considering a sorted one of these of the same year will set you back 1200-1500 squid, my max spend will be about £800

Plus the car will pay me back in the form of the 17's that are on it and the huge sub and amp that was in the back ;)

You'll see

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Day 5...

As the original grill was in pieces i bought an EK9 grill instead, painted with the same areosols as before

get-attachmen1.jpg

get-attachmen2.jpg

get-attachment1.jpg

Coming together now, also got new plates front and rear

Total spend: £347

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Looks good.

If you want some snow tyres I have some practically new Nankang SV-2's sitting in my garage that I need to get shot of. They're 205/55 R16 so shout if you're interested.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Day 6

Exhaust is on but needs a bit of tweaking... knocking against the underside etc so pics when completed

Anywho exhaust owes me £75

Goodies from the States - Front and rear PU lips

Plus, please notice the pre-face lift bonnet described as a facelift bonnet by Tegiwa imports... Only got half my money back from this :censored: would not deal with again, guess i'll have to order my coilovers elsewhere!

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

Cars up on stands as ive taken all the suspension out. Hoping for coilovers very shortly

Total spend now is: £517

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Heard rubbish things about Tegiwa recently.
Lots of orders have been fucked up on CTRO...

Looking good though mate :D

Looks like someone lined the letters up as if it was having the GB/Euro logo down the left side. I'm still not convinced they're 12x6 the look bigger than mine :s

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Cheers guys

Well spotted with the plates... They are slightly off centre :/ still doesnt bother me too much, i'll just put a suitable sticker on them

Btw theyre deffo 12x6

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Exhaust does sound pretty good actually :)

Fly - They are standard facelift lights with the inserts painted metallic grey, theres a guide for the jap lights on this forum. i basically used bulb holders from a scrapped civic, one went in where the fog bulb is and on the other side i just drilled out the blank with a hole saw

Rain has stopped play here for the past few days but i managed to get a few jobs out the way:

Oil was pretty manky and the filter was rusty and pretty passed it too, so new filter and oil were in order. Oil was given to me by a friend so only had to buy the filter at £7

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Wheel nuts were crusty so painted them up ready to meet the wheels which should arrive tomorrow...

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

Total spend: £524

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Got my wheels... Theyre 16's and made in Japan, dont think the centre caps are the ones for the wheels but i'll use them none the less.

I'll paint them up one night this week, Black or a funky colour...?

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Cost me £78 inc postage, Also sold my old wheels this morning for £150 so thats money back in the kitty

These 17's where just too big

IMAG0011.jpg

Total spend so far: £452

Wheels are a big improvement, far from perfect but a step in the right direction and since this is supposed to be a budget build I can't really pick too much fault.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Cheers guys

Got the wheels painted up:

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

As usual on the cheap, paint and papers came to £10...

Also sold the stock exhaust for £35 bringing the total so far to a measly £427

Rb 182
Nice. Is it satin or gloss black you've painted the wheels? A set of cheap coilovers will bring the whole project together.