ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bump for the clicking noise

S2 106 GTI
Right i am getting sick of my steering clicking!!!! I have had a garage look at the problem but when it was up on the 4 post lift it wasn't making the 'clicking' noise when turning the wheels?! only when its on the floor will it do it.......I have shown a member off her the problem (Ad and Ben) they said it sounded like the noise was coming from further down in the engine bay
any one got any ideas?? when i put my Eibach springs on it stopped for a while then came back - same with my coilovers?

I know most folk on here say strut top washers - where can i get some from to maybe try them

Hyundai i40
engine steady arm........mine sounded like strut tops at 1st the it got worse......shake your engine a bit harshly

Clio 182 cup
when moving off slowly in forward or reverse with full lock on, front wheels judder like they are both not pointing the same direction.....Is this normal on a standard 182 cup?

BMW M3
when moving off slowly in forward or reverse with full lock on, front wheels judder like they are both not pointing the same direction.....Is this normal on a standard 182 cup?

Yeah, pretty normal mate.

On the other issue, i had a noise when turning sharply but slow. Something to do with the strut top mounts i think... filled a bit off if i remember.

S2 106 GTI
bump, i had a mate just listen to it over the weekend and he said try the strut washers and see it that does anything - where can i get these from