ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Position/ front end help!

BG 182 FF
My car has recently had a new front end due to a collision, this consisted of 2 new wings, front bumper, grille, headlight and slam panel.

It has been professionally repaired by a local bodyshop however the bumper diamond area sits slightly behind the bonnet lip, its not a smooth line down as it should be its offset inwards, there is also a gap underneath both headlights the drivers side is relatively small and i think it is basically how it should be but the passengers side is a much larger gap :S

Now the bodyshop cant get another look at it for 2 weeks ! and its bugging the hell out of me so i'm planning to take the bumper off and the headlights and fit the lot back together myself.

My question is this what could make the bumper sit slightly back from the bonnet, are there any common areas that could be causing this and is there supposed to be any supports behind the diamond area as I can man handle the bumper into the correct place at the moment however obviously when i let go it returns !

Any advice from the CS Knowledge bank would be greatly appreciated before I tackle this tomorrow!!

Cheers
Ben