ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bumper respray

Ph2 Flamer
Hi looking for some thoughts on price really. Got my flamer about 6 months ago now and there is a crease/dent in the front bumper which is really spoiling the look of the car and the lacquer is peeling too so I've been keeping my eye out for a replacement bumper (and under-tray which is basically MIA). Have posted in the wanted section a few times and been on one of those car part aggregator sites and there never seem to be any flame red bumpers up for sale anywhere.

So am thinking about buying any old colour bumper and getting it resprayed but have literally no idea how much that's likely to cost. Anyone got a view on what would be a reasonable price, before I start ringing round?

Would it be cheaper if i sanded it down and did as much prep work as possible? Not too bad with a rattle can so could probably prime it myself but paint and lacquer would defo need to be professionally done.

Cheers

Ph2 Flamer
yowch that's allot. Think I've found a second hand bumper from a breakers last night for £100 on ebay so will try and snag that!

Ph2 Flamer
Oh aye I don't doubt it. Cheers for the info hopefully this bumper off ebay will turn out to be a result

Punto/Clio GTT
anyone who paints a bonnet and wings for a new bumper wants shooting in the face

just match the colour properly and theres no problems

Don't try to prep it yourself, not worth your time when any painter who takes a bit of pride in his work will only go over it again anyway.

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
hi, new here, was just browsing and came across your post. im a paint sprayer in Bristol, if you wanted a secon hand bumper refurbished (stone schips and small scuffs done) and/or including colour change i'd do it for about £100ish. if you fancy it you could drop me a pm and we might be able to sort something? oh one tip, dont do any prep work, itd be a waste of time. every painter likes things prepped differently, and as JCC said, 99% would HAVE to end up re prepping anyway due to any deep marks, poor prep technique, stone chips etc...

Ph2 Flamer
Nice spot, bit too scratched up for my liking though, it's not a lot better than the one i've got and £200 as well!

GetImage.aspx

Punto/Clio GTT
that is very minimal damage on that bumper, very easy repair, aslong as it aint cracked or warped youre good

dont worry about scratches

Clio 172
If you can get the bumper to me I can fix the bumper and spay it for you I'm a smart repair but it's up to u I live near Cambridge and I have a unit

We do post and return on bumpers just (~12 delivery back to yoy, std insurance), most front / rear bumpers dont match the car 100% as they are sprayed seperate to the main body of the car. Blending a bumper is a bit over kill, and is very expensive, as its a wings and bonnet blend required to be perfect.